Tons of errors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
sherwood

sherwood

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Super frustrating. I feel your pain. I have had my truck for 4 months and it feels like 2 of it has been at Ford. I am really hoping the transmission harness is going to fix it, but please keep this thread posted because if the transmission harness doesnt work then I am going to have them look at what you have tried. I have mine at Galpin here in LA if you want to let your dealer know just in case they want to reach out and share info. My service guy is Daniel, he is really great. I spoke with a couple other people within Ford off the record and they are fairly adamant aftermarket stuff shouldn't be/are very unlikely causing these errors. Unless of course a wire got frayed or tapped into by accident. But even then that should be visible and fixable.

I am the furthest from an expert, but I would think someone should be able to identify and solve theses issues. Especially with all the computers on board.
It's been a rough few months of "Truck is all fixed." or "You're good to go." to only return after driving 10 miles or a week later. I'm hoping this will help other people who might be in the same boat.
So far parts replaced are an "ABS module", FCIM (front control interface module), and "gateway module". Now it is headliner harness.

Last edited:

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It's been a rough few months of "Truck is all fixed." or "You're good to go." to only return after driving 10 miles or a week later. I'm hoping this will help other people who might be in the same boat.
So far parts replaced are an "ABS module", FCIM (front control interface module), and one other downstream computer that I'll have to look at paperwork to get the name. Now it is headliner harness.

Do you have a Heads-Up Display (HUD)? It's located on top of the dash, near the windshield. It flashes a red LED for pre-collision warning. There is a service message related to that module pulling down the HS2-CAN bus, especially under high heat/direct sunlight conditions.

OP
OP
sherwood

sherwood

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you have a Heads-Up Display (HUD)? It's located on top of the dash, near the windshield. It flashes a red LED for pre-collision warning. There is a service message related to that module pulling down the HS2-CAN bus, especially under high heat/direct sunlight conditions.
I do have that warning system. It rarely gets super hot where I live and it's been "winter" (at least southern California "winter") since the issues all started but I'll let them know about your advice. There is a Ford engineering team working with the dealer now. Truck is still there.

BSP10

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I do have that warning system. It rarely gets super hot where I live and it's been "winter" (at least southern California "winter") since the issues all started but I'll let them know about your advice. There is a Ford engineering team working with the dealer now. Truck is still there.

any updates on this? curious if they were able to fix it?

OP
OP
sherwood

sherwood

Full Access Member
Reaction score
any updates on this? curious if they were able to fix it?
Yes and no. I started a Ford claim for RAV/buyback because except for a few days, the truck has been at 2 different dealerships since January. I’ve been told 5 times “you’re good to go” to only have to return it. I’ve had the truck back for a week and seems to be ok at the moment (after headliner harness replacement) however I have my doubts on the fix. Most likely solution is Ford buying it back and starting over.

BSP10

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes and no. I started a Ford claim for RAV/buyback because except for a few days, the truck has been at 2 different dealerships since January. I’ve been told 5 times “you’re good to go” to only have to return it. I’ve had the truck back for a week and seems to be ok at the moment (after headliner harness replacement) however I have my doubts on the fix. Most likely solution is Ford buying it back and starting over.
I just got mine back from them replacing the transmission harness. We will see. I will keep you posted as well. Seems like we are having the same kinda issue. Really a bummer. I love the truck. They have had it for the past 7 weeks.

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The sad thing is that Ford will probably make money buying it back ...

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Why? Just sell it, with the market for used vehicles right now you’ll almost definitely get more for it by selling or trading rather than going through a repurchase. It’s not like you get the full purchase price back, there are a ton of deductions.

OP
OP
sherwood

sherwood

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why? Just sell it, with the market for used vehicles right now you’ll almost definitely get more for it by selling or trading rather than going through a repurchase. It’s not like you get the full purchase price back, there are a ton of deductions.
You might be right. They accepted the claim but still going through the process and haven’t received an offer yet. I can’t in good conscious sell it to someone without disclosing the “past” issues though.

BSP10

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You might be right. They accepted the claim but still going through the process and haven’t received an offer yet. I can’t in good conscious sell it to someone without disclosing the “past” issues though.

did you end up selling? did the new headliner harness fix the issue? Just got mine back from the transmission harness and so far it has been ok. fingers crossed.