Got a series of random faults on start-up

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RotorOver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got the following faults on a start-up this evening all at once: Powertain Malfunction / Reduced Power, Restraints Indicator Lamp Warning, Hill Start Assist Warning, Pre-Collision Assist Not Available, and Blind Spot Detection with Cross-Traffic. Shut it down and did a re-start, but they did not clear.

1633406891699.jpeg

I'm guessing it is either 1) software issue 2) a bunch of functions on a common computing module that failed 3) a bunch functions on a common electrical bus that failed.

Hopefully, they will clear on the next start. While hope is not a plan, I'm heading out of town on Wednesday, so I won't be able to take it in until next week if necessary. I most likely won't have time to get a look at Forscan before then either, but I will update if I do.

SurfRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Possibly add checking the battery and alternator for correct voltage. All you need is a multimeter. Low power can play weird games and there have been a few threads about battery issues.

EMY92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Happened in my Gen2 about 2 years ago. Stopped, shut down, restarted and it hasn't happened again.

OP
OP
RotorOver

RotorOver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Talked to my SA near the end of the work day and she says trouble shooting continues. It's apparently not the battery, but a comms issue between components. She said they will need to pull the seat(s) out to continue trouble shooting tomorrow. The dealership shop foreman is doing the work.