Tons of errors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
sherwood

sherwood

Full Access Member
Reaction score
did you end up selling? did the new headliner harness fix the issue? Just got mine back from the transmission harness and so far it has been ok. fingers crossed.
I still have it and not too excited about the offer from buy back team. So far the truck has been fine however it's been fine in the past when errors suddenly come back. Yesterday it did some "weird" stuff (like rear backup alarm beep didn't sound right, truck bed lights don't work,...) but didn't throw any errors. I'm still discussing with buy back team what my options are.

BSP10

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I still have it and not too excited about the offer from buy back team. So far the truck has been fine however it's been fine in the past when errors suddenly come back. Yesterday it did some "weird" stuff (like rear backup alarm beep didn't sound right, truck bed lights don't work,...) but didn't throw any errors. I'm still discussing with buy back team what my options are.
Any updates on this?

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Only update is truck is gone. Ford bought it back for right around trade-in value. Debating 2022 raptor or TRX (bad word in these parts).
Posting the VIN here on the forum would be a community service. It's going to hit a used lot somewhere.

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Is a rear back up alarm a CA thing? I haven't seen that in a stock truck.

BSP10

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's definitely not standard in PA. I have a '20 802A that doesn't have it. That's why I was curious. I'm guessing it's dependent on the state. Here I only see it on commercial trucks.
I think It’s the internal back up sensors he is referring too. The ones that will also display on your screen. There is no exterior alarm like a commercial truck.

Teraflx

Reaction score
I am glad they ended up buying it back off you. I had a Focus SVT back in the day that threw codes constantly and it was in the shop for well over a year. Ford sent out their "SVT Expert" 3 times. It was under a warranty still too. They replaced the entire transmission, engine, ECU, wiring harness, etc. It was damn near a new car when they were done. I actually had 2 dealerships refuse to work on it after so many months and actually called me and asked me to come get it. It was a huge fight with Ford and honestly I have not touched a Ford since because it was such a terrible experience. Couldn't get anywhere with buyback or lemon law. Long story short one of the SVT experts finally noticed something, it had a basic Focus intake pipe on it and not the larger SVT one. Someone somewhere at either the assembly line or a dealership during service installed the wrong one back on the vehicle because it was 100% stock and never done by me. The day I got it back I threw it up for sale and never looked back.

I really want a Raptor though so I am considering coming back to Ford. That is why I keep an eye on threads like this. Probably will do a Gen 3 once they've been out a year or possible Gen 2 if they come down a little in price once the 3'***** the pavement more.