Got a series of random faults on start-up

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
RotorOver

RotorOver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The dealership has had the truck eight days now, but it looks like they diagnosed and corrected the issue and are putting everything back together. They did take the front seats and console out to trouble shoot a wiring harness. Turns out this particular harness was not connected all the way and worked its way out! Not surprising after reading the other issues on here. Just thankful it wasn't anything big. I should be picking it up tomorrow and if I get anymore details I'll post them. Probably not worth adding to "what to check on pick-up" thread, LoL!

Edit 10/20: Picked up the truck. The only additional information to add was that it was the "C310A lock that was not fully latched." So, if you get these symptoms tell them to check that harness.

Last edited:

Shark

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My truck just started throwing all these codes today when I started it up to drive home. I did have my tires rotated this morning, but not sure if that could lead to this issue, unless something with an ABS sensor. Stopping and restarting the truck did not resolve the issue. I think I will go check my battery voltage now...

Update: Battery is reading 12.43V with engine off and 14.26V when running. I don't think the issue is the battery.

Last edited:
OP
OP
RotorOver

RotorOver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My truck just started throwing all these codes today when I started it up to drive home. I did have my tires rotated this morning, but not sure if that could lead to this issue, unless something with an ABS sensor. Stopping and restarting the truck did not resolve the issue. I think I will go check my battery voltage now...

Update: Battery is reading 12.43V with engine off and 14.26V when running. I don't think the issue is the battery.
The same set I had in the OP?

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score

Battery seems fine with those readings. Might have to book a spot with your dealer.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The dealership has had the truck eight days now, but it looks like they diagnosed and corrected the issue and are putting everything back together. They did take the front seats and console out to trouble shoot a wiring harness. Turns out this particular harness was not connected all the way and worked its way out! Not surprising after reading the other issues on here. Just thankful it wasn't anything big. I should be picking it up tomorrow and if I get anymore details I'll post them. Probably not worth adding to "what to check on pick-up" thread, LoL!

Edit 10/20: Picked up the truck. The only additional information to add was that it was the "C310A lock that was not fully latched." So, if you get these symptoms tell them to check that harness.
That's a hard one, having to remove the seats, etc to find a harness unplugged, lol. Glad it's fixed and you can enjoy that beast now.

OP
OP
RotorOver

RotorOver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They all threw alerts in FordPass as well:

Park Aid Malfunction
Service Steering
Pre-Collision assist not available
Antilock Brake Fault
Hill Start Assist Warning