Tons of errors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
sherwood

sherwood

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Still no resolve or solutions. I've started the Ford buy back program because 2 different dealerships and no one can figure out why it's throwing codes. Since January, I've only had the truck for a few weeks.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Still no resolve or solutions. I've started the Ford buy back program because 2 different dealerships and no one can figure out why it's throwing codes. Since January, I've only had the truck for a few weeks.

That is some terrible dealer service. Why haven’t they requested a fuel engineer? Lemon law applies to vehicles under warranty, not customer pay.

OP
OP
sherwood

sherwood

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That is some terrible dealer service. Why haven’t they requested a fuel engineer? Lemon law applies to vehicles under warranty, not customer pay.
With the buy back program started, they also have an engineering team contacting the dealership to try and resolve the issue so that might help?

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
With the buy back program started, they also have an engineering team contacting the dealership to try and resolve the issue so that might help?

Yep, sounds right. The field engineer should come out to diagnose and fix the issue.

zombiekiller

OG BooBooRunner
Reaction score
do you happen to have aftermarket bump stops?

Has someone checked all 4 abs sensors? ( visual and touch inspection)

Sometimes the ABS sensors will get pinched/frayed and the littany of errors becomes intermittent and only happens when the wires touch each other or metal.

OP
OP
sherwood

sherwood

Full Access Member
Reaction score
do you happen to have aftermarket bump stops?

Has someone checked all 4 abs sensors? ( visual and touch inspection)

Sometimes the ABS sensors will get pinched/frayed and the littany of errors becomes intermittent and only happens when the wires touch each other or metal.

I do have aftermarket bump stops however those look clear of any wires (that I can tell).
It's been at the dealerships with me repeatedly saying to check abs/wheel sensors so I'm assuming those have been checked. They say that there are no codes indicating wheel sensors (however they did replace an "abs module").

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I do have aftermarket bump stops however those look clear of any wires (that I can tell).
It's been at the dealerships with me repeatedly saying to check abs/wheel sensors so I'm assuming those have been checked. They say that there are no codes indicating wheel sensors (however they did replace an "abs module").

If there are DTCs related to the ABS or stability control the truck should be returned to stock before they waste any more time or money. You can’t diagnose an issue when there are factors that cannot be accounted for in Workshop Manual diagnostics. If the issue no longer occurs with the truck in factory configuration, then you can narrow down which mod is causing the issue.

If it’s a network issue, did you tap into any factory harness or do you any aftermarket wiring/components?

Last edited:

BSP10

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Update: Codes are back!!! :banghead:
Going back into a different dealership. Keep fingers crossed for us!

I am/was having the same issues. It was bizarre, it would only happen at a cold start and it would only occur when I started the car in cold temps (below 55/60 degrees....yes thats cold in cali! hahah) The errors would cycle and as I drove they would disappear after about 10min once the car was warm. The wrench would stay on. If I parked and turned off the car and got back in and started up...everything was gone. Not sure if you had a similar experience.

Took it to one Ford dealership and they blamed "aftermarket mods" said it was fixed and it wasn't.

Took to another dealership and they have had mine for about a month as well. went through the entire car thoroughly and They said they have traced it to a transmission harness. Apparently the code errors have been seen before and were also traced to a transmission harness. They are going to be replacing it this week. So fingers crossed. At the same time I am having all my "aftermarket mods" (stuff that came from the previous owner) stripped out and installed correctly since it was done half ass...although I am fairly sure it isn't what is causing the issue, but trying to eliminate as much chaos as possible.

in case you are wondering, I am running stock tires.

OP
OP
sherwood

sherwood

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If there are DTCs related to the ABS or stability control the truck should be returned to stock before they waste any more time or money. You can’t diagnose an issue when there are factors that cannot be accounted for in Workshop Manual diagnostics. If the issue no longer occurs with the truck in factory configuration, then you can narrow down which mod is causing the issue.

If it’s a network issue, did you tap into any factory harness or do you any aftermarket wiring/components?

I spent the entire weekend removing "non-stock" components and putting back stock (bumper, all lights, aftermarket wheels & tires) but I don't have the tools/ability to replace aftermarket springs to stock although I still have them so that's the only difference now.

I am/was having the same issues. It was bizarre, it would only happen at a cold start and it would only occur when I started the car in cold temps (below 55/60 degrees....yes thats cold in cali! hahah) The errors would cycle and as I drove they would disappear after about 10min once the car was warm. The wrench would stay on. If I parked and turned off the car and got back in and started up...everything was gone. Not sure if you had a similar experience.

Took it to one Ford dealership and they blamed "aftermarket mods" said it was fixed and it wasn't.

Took to another dealership and they have had mine for about a month as well. went through the entire car thoroughly and They said they have traced it to a transmission harness. Apparently the code errors have been seen before and were also traced to a transmission harness. They are going to be replacing it this week. So fingers crossed. At the same time I am having all my "aftermarket mods" (stuff that came from the previous owner) stripped out and installed correctly since it was done half ass...although I am fairly sure it isn't what is causing the issue, but trying to eliminate as much chaos as possible.

in case you are wondering, I am running stock tires.

Mine seems to do it randomly but unrelated to temperature. All the errors will come up at times while driving in a straight line, at times after being parked and restarted, and sometime after even sitting idling. One time I noticed a clunk sound followed by error codes which would lead me down the "transmission harness" route?

Their latest "fix" is the "headliner wiring harness". I know all the systems are connected but HEADLINER?!?!

BSP10

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I spent the entire weekend removing "non-stock" components and putting back stock (bumper, all lights, aftermarket wheels & tires) but I don't have the tools/ability to replace aftermarket springs to stock although I still have them so that's the only difference now.

Mine seems to do it randomly but unrelated to temperature. All the errors will come up at times while driving in a straight line, at times after being parked and restarted, and sometime after even sitting idling. One time I noticed a clunk sound followed by error codes which would lead me down the "transmission harness" route?

Their latest "fix" is the "headliner wiring harness". I know all the systems are connected but HEADLINER?!?!

Super frustrating. I feel your pain. I have had my truck for 4 months and it feels like 2 of it has been at Ford. I am really hoping the transmission harness is going to fix it, but please keep this thread posted because if the transmission harness doesnt work then I am going to have them look at what you have tried. I have mine at Galpin here in LA if you want to let your dealer know just in case they want to reach out and share info. My service guy is Daniel, he is really great. I spoke with a couple other people within Ford off the record and they are fairly adamant aftermarket stuff shouldn't be/are very unlikely causing these errors. Unless of course a wire got frayed or tapped into by accident. But even then that should be visible and fixable.

I am the furthest from an expert, but I would think someone should be able to identify and solve theses issues. Especially with all the computers on board.