Gen 2 Won’t Start

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

trevorj1309

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

Just reaching out here before I take it in to get looked at. I’ve got a 2017 Raptor with about 35K miles on it. 40” Rigid light bar (full-on fitted to upswitch 1, amber backlight fitted to 3), A-pillar Rigid pod lights (amber backlight fitted to 5), and 3-pod Rigid fog lights (amber backlights wired with DRL’s).

Long story short, I was sitting in the truck while it was idling for about 1 hour when every warning light came on the dash (cross collision warning, hillstart assist, lane monitoring, see manual, battery symbol, etc). I turned off the engine and tried to restart it, but nothing happened. All the interior/exterior lights and accessory power still works, but the car won’t start at all. No cranking or anything.

Disconnected the negative terminal for 30 minutes and reconnected with the same issue. Tried jumping it which did not work either. I’m not certain it’s the battery, a blown fuse, wiring harness, PCM, etc etc. Just a big headache as I’m not sure of the severity of this.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

*All Rigid lights I had using the amber backlighting, not full LED, so I’m not sure if all in conjunction fried something. No other modifications at all.

Here’s a video I found of someone else’s with the same issues:

OP
OP
T

trevorj1309

Reaction score
Did you ever sort this out? If so, what was the issue? My truck is having the EXACT same issue you describe here.
Yes, sorry for never providing an update here. I got the issue sorted out a few days after I posted this. Took it to the dealer and discovered it was a bad powertrain control module, which thankfully is covered under warranty. I believe it was under an emissions category so the warranty was good for 10 years or so if I remember correctly.

They took care of it no charge and it runs as good as new. Haven’t had any issues since.