2018 Gen 2 Rattle

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AUcrnp3010

Reaction score
Gen 2- new to me raptor. Purchased with 80 k miles. Clean maintenance history. As title says, rattling on start up (regardless of cold or not). Goes away once driving. If I drive a lot during the day, on re-cranks after the initial morning start up, it does NOT happen. All 4 VCTs have been replaced (with the actual new VCTs as verified by part numbers and not just "new" old part VCTs that failed this generation). Prior owner never had any other rattling on start up besides that caused by VCTs which has been fixed. Sometimes sounds like coming from front of truck but sometimes sounds like coming from mid to left rear passenger side also. When I accelerate, no rattle at all. No rattle from within cabin. I have been under to check for anything obvious but nothing I can see with my untrained mechanic eye. Any other tips before I take to ford? It is covered with a 5 year 75 k miles ford premium warranty I purchased with the truck so not a big deal if I have to take it in or if thats whats "recommended". Thanks to all for your input!