Rattle/gurgle noise help… (Gen2)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bracamonte

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Need help identifying noise. Been going on for a year - 6000 miles.

Sounds like a rattle from outside, but when driving, it sounds also like a raspy gurgle from the in the cab. It is coming from the front driver side. Always starts up when the truck finally gets warm. The sound lasts for up to 10 to 15 seconds. Intermittent when it shows up, but when doing long stretches of driving will start up about every minute or two.

Recently become much louder, and I will hear the sound migrate from the driver side to the front passenger side, and sometimes even travel down to the back from the undercarriage.

Half a year ago, I took it in for them to find something. They stated they could never hear the noise or find the issue, but they did find that I had a vacuum line for the brakes that needed to be fixed. When fixing this, this seemed to cure my problem… for only about one week (50 miles). Sound is back again. It used to be only when I was driving higher speeds on the highway. Now it is even at 20mph when warmed up.

If I had to guess, it’d be something with the turbos…? But this isn’t the waste gate…is it? Someone please help. I have attached a video of the best recording I could get of the sound. It’s taken from me holding the phone out the driver side window.

Attachments

• IMG_1978.MOV
    9.1 MB

Antho

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Kinda sounds like a IWE. I would try engaging the 4A and seeing if it goes away. Also, If th vacuum line was damaged it may have gotten dirt into the check vavle. I had 2 spares in my center console.