Truck wont start

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Denisse

Reaction score
I’m having a weird issue. My truck was parked for 10 months without turning on, when I tried turning it on it wouldnt come on at all, got a new battery for the car and changed it. Now the car will come on when I press start button, I can use the key fob to unlock it and all but when I press the break and the start button to turn the car on it won’t work.
I tried moving the truck a little so I shifted it to neutral but it kept getting stuck between park and neutral and for a good minute I couldn’t put it in park even though the stick was in park the car kept moving. I was able to place it in park and the car stopped moving but on the dash it shows as neutral. (All of it while the truck being off).

julien194b

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello, first message is better to indroduce you with pictures of the non start truck...Otherwise, otherwise, you will see what can happen...

Second, your problem is not weird, it come bcs your truck wasn't used during 10 months... Where were you ??? In jail...

Third , we need to know gen year truck !!! Do you have dash board error message as "no key detected" ???

So , please , try again with more details !

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Welcome to FRF. That sounds suspiciously like what used to be the neutral safety switch, which by now, I’m sure is some computer module somewhere.

If you don’t have it already, get FORSCAN and an adapter with a windows laptop, you can pull and clear diagnostic codes as well as configure some nifty features. Forscan changes - tweak your truck

MurderedOutSVT

Brodozin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This......exactly

BRAKES.....B R A K E S

Is it a car, is it a truck....omg woman in distress.orrr...a bot...what to do?....

Need more info. Maybe a Raptor, maybe not. Maybe a Gen Juan, Too, Tres?
Gen Juan has a neutral safety switch
Sounds like a shifter linkage cable issue

I think these AI bots collect our knowlege for their use

Last edited:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khunter