FRF's "Havoc in the Hills" Raptor Event - 9/26/13-9/29/13

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fred

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Or get some 152s from Harris Corp...

---------- Post added at 06:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:35 PM ----------

That would be used for repeaters. Example: This is a local repeater here in Lockport,
Code:
TX         RX      Location  Station   (Hz) Tone 
146.8200  146.2200   Lockport  W2RUI    107.2

Every radio is different on how it is moded to freeband it. Best way to find out is to google it (like this "KG-UV3D freeband" or MARS mod)

---------- Post added at 06:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:10 PM ----------

For my radio is just easier, some its the only way.

Here is where my wheels fall off...why exactly is the transmit txcode different than the receive rx code?

So how do I enter the codes for the run with out a computer...or just **** it and get the software and USB cable...

I just want to be field ready...you for the Zombies...

All The Way

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Or get some 152s from Harris Corp...

---------- Post added at 06:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:35 PM ----------

Here is where my wheels fall off...why exactly is the transmit txcode different than the receive rx code?

So how do I enter the codes for the run with out a computer...or just **** it and get the software and USB cable...

I just want to be field ready...you for the Zombies...

What radio do you plan on getting or have? This should help explain the TX RX off set... or confuse the shit out of ya. Investing in a Repeater101 - for hobbyists, fishers, hams, and amateurs

Fred

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I actually read all of that...pretty cool...so bottom line is the repeater would hear itself if not transmitting and receiving on a different frequency...So that is where the offset comes in I see it is either + or - and That is what you put in when putting programming your unit...so the unit goes back and forth based on the "talk" button being pushed or released...

Thus the computer helps program all this info?

I have not purchase a radio yet...ideas?

JuggNuttz

FRF Addict
Reaction score
i really like the Wouxun KG-UV6D that i got. there are two different versions, i got the more expensive one, the other is cheaper by $20 Amazon.com: Wouxun KG-UV6D Handheld 136-174 MHz/ 400-480 MHz Dual Band Two Way Transceiver(Upgrade Version): Electronics the difference is the UHF, the one i got goes from 420-520, the cheaper one 400-480. what does that mean? i have no ******* clue.... but it worked great at the Soball, and i could still hear the chase truck the evening we combined 2 groups, and i was like the 4th truck from the front.

you can program the radio manually, but the program and cable makes it so much easier... heres the vid that helped me program mine.

Wouxun KG-UV6D Programming Via Software Rev.2 - YouTube

Fred

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks *****...everything looks straight forward...was it hard to program the Chanenels for the run...setting the offset looks like the only issue?

---------- Post added at 10:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:36 PM ----------

Got it saw the 11.25khz...looks straight forward...so technically...you could had frequencies to communicate at the run, driving down the road, etc...

JuggNuttz

FRF Addict
Reaction score
yeah, until i saw the vid i was a lil lost, being that i never done anything with radios like this before. but i picked it up pretty quickly. i had gotten myself 2 radios, for if we ever do something like on my sisters farm or something. someone borrowed my 2nd one at the run and they said it worked very well for them too.

Fred

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
yeah, until i saw the vid i was a lil lost, being that i never done anything with radios like this before. but i picked it up pretty quickly. i had gotten myself 2 radios, for if we ever do something like on my sisters farm or something. someone borrowed my 2nd one at the run and they said it worked very well for them too.

Yeah...I have never done anything either...I have used Marine VHF, but that is it...I need to go ahead and get one and play with it before the run...

You coming? Pink Mohawk baby....:sexywiz:

JuggNuttz

FRF Addict
Reaction score
i dunno yet.... still too many things up in the air at this moment... i want too... but want and able are two seperate things......