Finally did it. 2017 Avalanche Grey Raptor in the garage.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Welcome aboard. Fine looking Raptor and the rarely seen Avalanche grey. The tranny has a different strategy when it’s not warmed up yet. At times it does throw a shift a bit firmly. But 10 close ratios does have its advantages.

Enjoy that beast.

OP
OP
Richiemitchell

Richiemitchell

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Check the firewall, there’s a grommet that is very convenient for running large gauge stereo wires, and it’s very easy to unseat.

@FordTechOne has been trying to school us for years that the transmission behaves a little more rough when cold and when it warms up works just like it should. I agree and honestly I like the 10r80.

I like this guy. he can stay :cool:
I feel like an idiot for not looking first before posting. The grommet was loose and a little bit of adjusting and I sealed up the gap. no more warm air. Thank you!

Good to know the harder shifts are normal.

OP
OP
Richiemitchell

Richiemitchell

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome aboard. Fine looking Raptor and the rarely seen Avalanche grey. The tranny has a different strategy when it’s not warmed up yet. At times it does throw a shift a bit firmly. But 10 close ratios does have its advantages.

Enjoy that beast.
I am a huge fan of the color. It seems like a consensus that most people want this color brought back. I also have a Bronco Wildtrack on order in Cactus Grey. I'm curious to see how similar the colors are whenever it finally shows up.