Arkansas Raptor Run in the Ozark National Forest (March 19-21)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

N0MAD

Reaction score
Facebook Event Link: https://l.facebook.com/l.php?u=http...Ngjo1RbXbB0-6NGwozqI4UDr_Z7oXZ6wrjtMPiLWHWDXg

The Ozark National Forest offers vast scenery, creek crossings (if passable), and breathtaking viewpoints.
The majority of this Raptor run will occur on Saturday, March 20th. Meetup time will be at 9 AM at the link listed below. 35.73365, -93.81303

https://goo.gl/maps/wDcotMBq9eVnpRsGA

From there, we will brief, air down tires (recommended), and get on the dirt. Throughout the day, we will travel east, primarily on dirt and forest roads. Depending on how the day goes / where we end up, you can expect to depart around 4-6 PM and head home. Or earlier if desired.

If you're interested in joining myself and a few others for the entire weekend (Thursday to Sunday), contact me for additional details.

Lunch will be provided by myself on Saturday, hamburgers, on the trail. Restaurants close during the off season. Just please bring chips, cheese dip, etc. !

Recommended items:
- Recovery gear
- Spare tire(s) / patch kit
- Handheld / built-in radios. We will be using GMRS frequency. REQUIRED.
- Navigation (Gaia, LeadNAV, etc.)
- Fire Extinguisher
- Snacks and water

Important Notes:
- Remember to top off on fuel before entering the National Forest.
- Most of the trails have been prerun by myself and others. We will NOT be fender to fender on any trails, some scratches from branches and brush may occur.

This event is meant to be a fun and safe trail run for all Raptor owners, regardless of driver experience. There is a lack of Mid-South Raptor meets in this region so I hope this event encourages others for future trail runs and discussions.

Please contact me for any other questions and I look forward to meeting you all!

goblues38

FRF Addict
Reaction score
nice....i have been off roading in that area...lots of high speed rock roads and trails. My wifes family is all in NW arkansas so I am there 4-5 times a year. Just not this time...ill be in colorado.

Looks like fun.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Simplicity. Don't want to deal with teaching new users how to program their radios, etc. I personally have a ICOM 2730A installed but I'll pick up a UHF unit since I also use that frequency often.
most raptor owners get a vhf radio, including myself. so having to go with uhf, would require people buying radios. although a lot of handhelds are cheap and dual band, but at 8watt max dont provide enough range a lot of time. not in any way trying to criticize, just as someone who has been to a lot of events, and puts on a lot of events, im just stating what the norm is most of the time from my perspective

Wolfeman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I hate that I work that weekend. Sounds like a good time.

Blown00gt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You guys are 2 hours away. I am going to try and make it at least for Saturday. Thanks for posting.

D

Deleted member 12951

I am in Missouri and interested in attending but more than one day but rather the weekend.

I am conflicted on this radio choice. I have the Kenwood TM-281A (VHF) and previously the ICOM F5021. I have been on probably 20 raptor runs and GMRS has never been used. And will you have maps for the Lowrance GPS?

Are you camping or staying in motels?