Ford put 400 miles on my Raptor during warranty work

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Denvertaco07

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Everything before you said “or” is fine. Everything after that is called extortion.

I guess I see people extorting every day on the news when they get wronged by a business, get on the news and then they get restitution from the business.

I'm no lawyer though so not tryin to get anyone in trouble.

Last edited:

traxem

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had this electrical issue with my Benz a few years ago. It was covered under warranty. After the dealer fixed the issue, the SA called me and asked if it was ok for the tech to take it home for the night just to make sure the issue was fixed. He put about 100 miles on it and went through a Jack in the Box drive thru (dash cam footage). Because they asked for my consent to take the car out, I had no issue with it.

If the 400 miles or what they did with the car during that time was not a necessary part of the repair, I’d be heated. Legally though, “hurt feelings” isn’t compensatory. You gotta show actual damage, which you haven’t specified in this thread. From a customer service stand point, they should make it right for you. But be reasonable or you’ll get nothing.

MetalDaze

Reaction score
He put about 100 miles on it and went through a Jack in the Box drive thru (dash cam footage). Because they asked for my consent to take the car out, I had no issue with it.

I guess everyone has their own comfort level. To me, driving it home doesn’t include a trip for dinner and potential fries between the seats.

I know my answer going forward if I’m in a similar situation.

BaseRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Everyone’s tolerance for the OP’s “400 mile joy ride” experience by a stealership employee is different. Like a class action lawsuit it’s only the law firm that comes out ahead so I would be hesitant to lawyer up over this.

If I were in this situation I would be scheduling a face to face meeting with the GM/owner and have all of my documentation on hand as well as the video footage. What happens next all depends on how much the dealership owner/chain values their reputation and your negotiation skills.

OP
OP
D

DrJacks

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The owner has not called me back. I will definitely be posting the video if they stonewall me so there’s a good chance you guys will get to see it!

TXRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Not sure how much of a hassle it will be for you, but you might want to go there in person before posting it. The GM/Owner might have a good reason for not returning your call. (Out of town, COVID-19 quarantine, etc). Once you know for sure they plan to do nothing, then move to plan B. Post the video, call local TV station, lawyer ...

Spectragod

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not sure how much of a hassle it will be for you, but you might want to go there in person before posting it. The GM/Owner might have a good reason for not returning your call. (Out of town, COVID-19 quarantine, etc). Once you know for sure they plan to do nothing, then move to plan B. Post the video, call local TV station, lawyer ...

^^^THIS^^^

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jvo5319

Reaction score
The owner has not called me back. I will definitely be posting the video if they stonewall me so there’s a good chance you guys will get to see it!
can you at least give us the details on what happened in the video?