Ford put 400 miles on my Raptor during warranty work

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DrJacks

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just got my Raptor back from Ford after it was given to them to fix the adaptive cruise control, door locks and a mirror motor.

I went in to pick it up today and noticed that they had put 398 miles on it over the last few days! I asked the service tech why and he explained it was because he lives 80 miles away and has a long commute. I have dash cam of all of it. It really sounds like a weekend road trip to me but I have yet to go through the video.

They explained the problem was intermittent which isn’t really correct. I went in last week to show them the problem and it occurs immediately. There is no technical reason to need to drive 400
F%#*ING miles on my brand new truck.

To top it all off, they didn’t fix the door locks or mirror motor and they used up a ton of gas and didn’t replace it! It’s also a mess from their little road trip.

Has anyone else had this happen? I am not sure what to do at this point.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
400 miles is a little on the excessive side, the better part of a tank of fuel, and even in Texas that’s not that cheap.

I would

- ask the service manager if it would ok for you to borrow his car for 400 miles, just to make things even. No? what does he/she think is a fair resolution?
- go over the vehicle for signs of off road use.
- notify Ford Customer Service of this abuse, regardless of whether it’s been off road.
- stealership owner needs to be involved in further discussions.

In my narrow, military mind; Full tank of super unleaded, agreement to effect the repairs they should have completed the first time, with a loaner platinum F150 or super duty. Repairs to be completed in agreed upon time frame before your truck is dropped off.

Derail

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't be able to wait to look at the video. I bet there will be something of interest on there. Hopefully they did not disable the video.

OP
OP
D

DrJacks

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd give them one chance to make this right and then go to Ford corporate. And depending what is on the dashcam they might get zero chances. That is horseshit.

They just ask, the miles are already there, what do you want us to do?

I don’t have a good answer because there’s no way to undue wear and tear and depreciation. Warranty extension? New tires? Gas money?

I have it documented so well with video and everything I might take it to the local TV station. They eat shit like this up. The mechanic just figured he had a free car to drive for the weekend.

OP
OP
D

DrJacks

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't be able to wait to look at the video. I bet there will be something of interest on there. Hopefully they did not disable the video.

It’s a pretty stealthy install. Doubt they even knew it was there. But I did notice that some more recent video was back on our test drive.. I guess I’ll have to see if the mileage adds up.

My computer apparently can’t read the video files so I’ll have to go through them one by one connecting my phone to the camera

Crunchtime2k

Full Access Member
Reaction score