Ford put 400 miles on my Raptor during warranty work

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
I'm very far from a lawyer, but there is also this. In PA there is a crime called "unauthorized use of a motor vehicle." It is a 2nd degree misdemeanor. The problem here is that the service paper you signed authorized them to use the vehicle. Not for 400 miles to drive to and from work everyday. But to test it out to see if the problem was fixed. Take it for what it's worth.

Right, a common law mechanic’s lien and the contract you sign requesting service permits them to perform necessary work, up to and including a test drive, but all of that has to pass the reasonableness test. For example, let’s say the local sheriff’s department dropped off an explorer to have some engine noise troubleshot. let’s say they go out and during the test drive they decide to part the peeps with the lights and siren.

does the service ‘contract’ cover breaking the state criminal code?

Or, let’s say they decide to conduct their test drive at the local drag strip.
is that covered by the service contract?

Hopefully, OP doesn’t need to go this route and the situation gets squared away.

Leftsidej

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep. Id be going after an across the board trade in. I’d tell “fletcher skipper ‘insert random name’ Ford” that they are taking in their new demo back, and giving me a gorgeous 2020, then, included in that NDA I’d add a clause stating I’d never service or shop at this dealership again, just adding insult to injury to those pieces of sh*t.

Swarfworks

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Also, might want to check the laws in your state on dash cam usage in this circumstance. Laws get a little fuzzy since you were not there during the incident. Kind of like here in Michigan you can record a phone call (without telling the other party), as long as you (the person recording it), is one of the two parties.

I’m all for you sticking it to them. This is absurd. If it did go to court, I’d just hate for the video to get thrown out on a technicality.

Waiting to hear more... good luck!

Troutrad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Doubt that the video being “thrown out” will be an issue. It was inside OP’s personal property. Would be like a home security tape being thrown out since the robber (2nd party) didn’t know it was there.

traxem

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Doubt that the video being “thrown out” will be an issue. It was inside OP’s personal property. Would be like a home security tape being thrown out since the robber (2nd party) didn’t know it was there.
There would need to be “damage” for there to be a case.

Swarfworks

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

We’ve all heard of dumber things happening, but yeah I hear ya.