Ffffffuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Madcowranch

Madcowranch

Genetically Modified
Reaction score
Unfortunately I live in BFE and it takes an hour to get to Auto Zone!

Oh well good thing I have a backup vehicle.

ISFast

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thats the bad thing about living in BFE! I hated to work on shit back home for fear of shit being wrong or bad. Good luck!

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
i think the question should have been....what's NOT wrong with that picture Madcow!!

fordandchevyman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
HA thats too bad about the compressor. you need a McPherson strut compressor. make sure if you do use the one from autozone get 2 sets that way you can do this safely, now that you have got that monster out how do you plan on re installing it and torquing the control arm nut? 406 ft lbs is a lot. most impact guns top out around 400ft lbs in the forward position. i also found out that those bolts are a 1 time use only bolt and nut. so if you do use it again like we all do, i would use some lock-tight or a thread locker. if you don't have any nail polish will work too. but i dont know why you would have nail polish hopefully you wife or gf has some.ha

OP
OP
Madcowranch

Madcowranch

Genetically Modified
Reaction score
HA thats too bad about the compressor. you need a McPherson strut compressor. make sure if you do use the one from autozone get 2 sets that way you can do this safely, now that you have got that monster out how do you plan on re installing it and torquing the control arm nut? 406 ft lbs is a lot. most impact guns top out around 400ft lbs in the forward position. i also found out that those bolts are a 1 time use only bolt and nut. so if you do use it again like we all do, i would use some lock-tight or a thread locker. if you don't have any nail polish will work too. but i dont know why you would have nail polish hopefully you wife or gf has some.ha

What does that mean if it's a one time use only bolt and nut? I've never heard of such thing. Bitch looks like a $50 bolt/nut. Good idea on the thread locker though.

I used my floor jack to loosen that nut so I'll just do the same to tighten it.:weld:

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
What does that mean if it's a one time use only bolt and nut? I've never heard of such thing. Bitch looks like a $50 bolt/nut. Good idea on the thread locker though.

I used my floor jack to loosen that nut so I'll just do the same to tighten it.:weld:

in other words it was thread sealed at the factory, it doesn't have a lock washer or nylon thread locker. so if you're reinstalling it you need some blue loctite.