GEN 2 Icon Leaf Conflict w RPG Track Bars

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WillieFlo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I installed Icon leafs w RPG track bars, but have a problem with the leaf retaining clamp in front conflicting with the RPG track bars. The underside of the clamp is pinned and I’m unable to remove it. What I need to do is grind off that head to remove the clamp and turn the pieces of the clamp upside down, so the cross bolt/nut is above the leafs and the underside of the clamp is tight to the bottom leaf.

Has anyone done this? If so, did you just grind off the head on the underside clamp OR are there other suggestions?
IMG_0552.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_0551.jpeg
    IMG_0551.jpeg
    191.5 KB · Views: 11

Stroked out

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't have the track bars. If it was me i would just weld it and take the bolt out. I'm not planning on breaking my springs apart though. Just a thought , good luck

Zeusmotorworks

Semi-retired, now just a happy grumpy old man!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Surprised RPG does not have a warning as you are not the first to post this issue with the Icon springs. Guess they were designed with OE and or Deavers.

wazatataza

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
When ordering from RPG and RPG only will you get an option for a spacer. The ****** part is that the spacer is essentially a 1 inch lift block. So your lifting your rear up.

If your sold on it just call and it’s 100 bucks to order.

That’s why I’m going SVC.

OP
OP
WillieFlo

WillieFlo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The f’d up part is that RPG does give you the choice of using Icon leaf springs. The block that RPG sent was not even made for the raptor. Then when my shop called RBG to tell them about the issue, they played stupid and had horrible customer service. They said they had not heard of anyone having clearance issues. So, I reinstalled the OEM blocks and we still have an issue.

Basically, I will never order another RPG product ever again. Foutz Motorsports and SVC seem to be much better thought out products and better customer service.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khunter