Ffffffuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pirate air

will plunder your booty
Supporting Member
Reaction score
At 406lb I doubt its coming loose anytime soon loctite or not. Zapped mine off and then on with my impact, been trouble free for nearly 15,000 miles.

Maxx2893

Rock and Roll Offroad
Supporting Member
Reaction score
you need an impact with 700+ ft lbs of torque to rip that bitch off, or a huge cheater bar. Its over 400ft lbs torque specs, so unless you have a 600ft lbs torque wrench, you are not going to get too far.

Glad I work at a heavy equipment dealer. We impacts up to 1 1/2 inch drives. Shouldn't be a problem for those. :waytogo:

pirate air

will plunder your booty
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Glad I work at a heavy equipment dealer. We impacts up to 1 1/2 inch drives. Shouldn't be a problem for those. :waytogo:

Most of the newish IR/Matco, Snap-on, Mac 1/2 inch drive impacts are around 700+lb working reverse output. Even my ten year old 1/2 composite IR is 625ish lb. Enough to take 99% of the fasteners I deal with apart, or break them. The 3/8's are getting so strong I hardly ever need to use my 1/2 inch. Only problem is I bust the smaller anvils often.

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
if you don't have an impact gun, you just need big forearms...and huuuuuge ballllsssss.

pirate air

will plunder your booty
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lol. That's when you put the floor jack handle over your ratchet and give her hell till something gives.

SOCOMech

Famous Raptor
Reaction score
Most of the newish IR/Matco, Snap-on, Mac 1/2 inch drive impacts are around 700+lb working reverse output. Even my ten year old 1/2 composite IR is 625ish lb. Enough to take 99% of the fasteners I deal with apart, or break them. The 3/8's are getting so strong I hardly ever need to use my 1/2 inch. Only problem is I bust the smaller anvils often.

Yep....I did mine with my cordless Snap-On 1/2 and I also find that I use my 3/8 Snap-On cordless on alot of stuff.

JimT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I tried that shit for about 30 seconds with the shock on the truck. For me, it was MUCH easier to remove the entire thing.

I'm with you swoop, I also tried to adjust the perch on the truck using the auto zone compressors and wasn't getting anywhere but more pissed off.. lol I removed the strut and did the whole thing is less time on the work bench. For me it was much easier to R & R from the vehicle.