Ffffffuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gordhunt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
406lb/ft holy shit your going to have to call superman to reinstall that bad boy. Think I'd go another route man

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
I would much rather undo a simple tie rod from the spindle than risk that spring coming undone, especially if it's going to the top perch. It's way easy and safer to just remove the shock from the truck. By the way Madcowranch, that lower nut/bolt has a TQ spec of 406 lb/ft.

AKA 1/4 turn from snapping :) 8/10 on the grunting scale.

HoustonRider

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you need an impact with 700+ ft lbs of torque to rip that bitch off, or a huge cheater bar. Its over 400ft lbs torque specs, so unless you have a 600ft lbs torque wrench, you are not going to get too far.

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
you need an impact with 700+ ft lbs of torque to rip that bitch off, or a huge cheater bar. Its over 400ft lbs torque specs, so unless you have a 600ft lbs torque wrench, you are not going to get too far.

i got that shit off with a set of Channel Locks. Truth. I did have my truck in T/H mode prior to that thought.

OP
OP
Madcowranch

Madcowranch

Genetically Modified
Reaction score
Who can tell me what's wrong with this picture?

Attachments

• IMG_1234.jpg
    IMG_1234.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 130

Blukrom

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Madcow, Im not sure how fordandchevy fit 3 compressors in there maybe the ones i had were larger but tried to fit them first with no luck. I think pulling them is the much safer bet. I think I remeber using a large metric socket for mine on the FX4, they were tight, I used a 1/2" drive breaker bar and then used the handle off my jack as a cheater. Worked fine, trust me side 2 will be easier.

OP
OP
Madcowranch

Madcowranch

Genetically Modified
Reaction score
Dang that sucker does look bent in the picture. But I don't think it is.

I was talking about the spring compressor. I need the kind Blukrom has.

Doh!:suicide: