Do you prefer lifted or stock Gen2 Raptor?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

zombiekiller

OG BooBooRunner
Reaction score
MORE PICS.

she's going through changes right now. The last time I drove her was unloading my trailer on the way back from the October ExO run.

They'll be some ugly duckling pics come the end of February, but no real glamour shots until HMRacing gets done with the cage, a One-Piece front end is built and installed, passenger side doors get replace, paint goes on and the suspension gets tuned.

SSWIM

Full Access Member
Reaction score
she's going through changes right now. The last time I drove her was unloading my trailer on the way back from the October ExO run.

They'll be some ugly duckling pics come the end of February, but no real glamour shots until HMRacing gets done with the cage, a One-Piece front end is built and installed, passenger side doors get replace, paint goes on and the suspension gets tuned.

You are truly building a nice truck. Just curious when you’re going to step up to one of these. You know you want one. And you are getting close money wise. Well, maybe half way there.
upload_2020-1-21_15-6-8.jpeg

zombiekiller

OG BooBooRunner
Reaction score
You are truly building a nice truck. Just curious when you’re going to step up to one of these. You know you want one. And you are getting close money wise. Well, maybe half way there.
View attachment 136184

For sentimental reasons, I'm not interested in letting my raptor go. As a buddy of mine said, I'll "bronze it like baby shoes" before I sell it.

That being said, once the cage and one-piece are in, I'm not taking it farther unless something breaks or blows up and needs to be repaired. Even then, I'll have to weigh if it is a "fix" or "improve" scenario.

The raptor is a great truck for longer runs where my pace isn't crazy. I also feel like I owe it to the truck to finish it to where I had intended and make her look pretty and work the way I want it to before I start a new rodeo.

I am planning on an addition to the stable, just not quite like a Geiser truck.

I've been doing research and starting to build a game plan to do a super cab dent side or a crew cab bump side, 2wd, TT bulkhead, TT trailing arms... the works.

When asked about a motor, my response continues to be "I don't care what it is, but I want it to sound like one of Robby Gordon's engines."

I won't start on it until next year though. :cool:

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
let me know if you ever need a right side ballast when youre out testing. :cool:

These trucks are setup and balanced always for a co pilot or navigator? Lol

Zombie your truck looks like it has legs as it burns through that course!

Some side shots?

Donovan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
There are some really bad ass trucks in this thread. Makes me want to buy a second raptor and do the real off-road thing. And keep my daily raptor....

elindley01

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I absolutely LOVE your truck. Mind me asking exactly which Geiser/Deavers setup you went with? Also what size is your wheel? Absolutely phenominal. Also, you feel the added weight from tires are noticable in the drive?

Sorry for the delay in my response and thanks for your compliments on my truck. I did the Geiser 2.5" and Deaver +3s with Method MR305 18" wheels. I went with a specific offset on the wheel (sorry, can't find my order info to confirm what it was) in order to accommodate the 37x13.50x18 Cooper STT Pros. I don't notice at all the extra weight, but with the MPT tune I don't think you really should.