Do you prefer lifted or stock Gen2 Raptor?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
There are some really bad ass trucks in this thread. Makes me want to buy a second raptor and do the real off-road thing. And keep my daily raptor....
The kind of $$$ it takes to buy a used raptor + all the stuff these guys have thrown at em essentially not even “trucks” Anymore let alone raptor your $$$ would be better spent buying a $5000 husk of a Bronco/blazer frame/body & then see what $60k tossed at something like that the right way can do.....

these builds are nuts tho lol

zombiekiller

OG BooBooRunner
Reaction score
The kind of $$$ it takes to buy a used raptor + all the stuff these guys have thrown at em essentially not even “trucks” Anymore let alone raptor your $$$ would be better spent buying a $5000 husk of a Bronco/blazer frame/body & then see what $60k tossed at something like that the right way can do.....

this person speaks the truth, and I'm one of those "kinda trucks" owners. woulda saved me a lot of money to do what he's recommending.

I will say that a lot of the more extreme builds that my friends own got that way because they had a mid-travel kit kinda raptor build, made a mistake and wadded it up. When insurance isnt going to cover anything, and you want to fix your truck, you just kinda commit to cutting it in half because it actually is cheaper than putting it back the way it was.

When you consider how much money you can be into a wrecked truck and what it would cost to "start over", it starts to not seem that crazy.

With this hobby, no one ever falls half-way down the well.

Do a dentside bronco if you want extra cool points.

Last edited:

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
this person speaks the truth, and I'm one of those "kinda trucks" owners. woulda saved me a lot of money to do what he's recommending.

I will say that a lot of the more extreme builds that my friends own got that way because they had a mid-travel kit kinda raptor build, made a mistake and wadded it up. When insurance isnt going to cover anything, and you want to fix your truck, you just kinda commit to cutting it in half because it actually is cheaper than putting it back the way it was.

When you consider how much money you can be into a wrecked truck and what it would cost to "start over", it starts to not seem that crazy.

With this hobby, no one ever falls half-way down the well.

Do a dentside bronco if you want extra cool points.

As I quoted before an Ultimate money build lol

Donovan

FRF Addict
Reaction score

Very true.

And since I now have a transmission issue... **** my idea lol. I'll keep a regular Raptor.

hedonist222

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think there's a lot of confusion on this thread. I absolutely understand everyone has a personal preference of how their ideal Raptor looks cosmetically. Some prefer the OEM look and some prefer a modified look. But throughout the discussions, it sounds as if we're only considering three options: it stays OEM, performs as designed and is a good daily driver, level it, or you lift it to the sky and it is useless. Myself, I like a more robust and wider stance than stock, but I refuse to lose the usability of the OEM setup. So for those that want a more aggressive look than OEM, but still retain all usability I'd recommend Geisers and Deavers. I've given mine a taller and wider stance plus 37x13.50s, while still maintaining it's off-road usability and daily drivability. Plus, it still fits in my garage. I'm just saying it doesn't have to be bone stock, levelled or lifted to the sky.View attachment 130838 View attachment 130839

this is perfect after leveling stock - more than this and it gets a bit tacky IMO

FINRPTR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I lowered the rear, used stock F150 blocks. I will be adding bump stops, but for different reason. Many people look at my truck with puzzled looks, can’t figure out why it looks the way it does. When I tell them what I did they say how awesome it looks. I live in the mountains, drive up and down the twisty roads weekly, so raising it wasn’t in my best interests.

OP
OP
GCATX

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
I lowered the rear, used stock F150 blocks. I will be adding bump stops, but for different reason. Many people look at my truck with puzzled looks, can’t figure out why it looks the way it does. When I tell them what I did they say how awesome it looks. I live in the mountains, drive up and down the twisty roads weekly, so raising it wasn’t in my best interests.
I have been kicking around the idea of putting F150 blocks on also, to lower an 1". Can you please post a photo or two?

TheC-Don

Full Access Member
Reaction score
True Dat! Lucky the truck is great on pavement and off. I can see if you have time or live close to an off roading location, then mods to improve the truck can help if your wanting more.
I have been kicking around the idea of putting F150 blocks on also, to lower an 1". Can you please post a photo or two?
I would like to see this as well!

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have leveled on road 2WD street trucks with rear shackles and leaf mods. I was looking to gain a level stance and better handling. I also added a rear sway bar etc.

Can’t say I would level a Raptor this way. But if your out to gain a functional mod that helps with your application, then give it a go I say.