did i mess up? bought a RAPTOR 'cuz it was COOL... now what the hell do i do with it??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Dang wanna be! You went out and bought a big bad large tire off road truck that your afraid to get a little dirt on. I haven’t seen the likes of anyone like you but maybe over 50% of the people on this site with a Raptor.

Ok here is how we are going to fix this. As mentioned above start going to Starbucks and blocking the drive thru. Get your lattè and just hop the curb. Back into a parking spot, roll all the windows down and blast your radio while sipping the coffee drink.

Once you got that man sized amount of caffeine in you, go look for clean puddles of water and start going through them. Whoa hold on cowboy not so fast! 5mph is a good start. We don’t want to wash off that tire shine just yet.

Ok find some speed bumps and take them at 30mph and don’t let off the gas! Hit some pot holes. Then go home and don’t park on the driveway. Pull it up on the front lawn and park it.

Man how do you feel now? Get some ceramic and PPF on the truck and then we can take on a field next.

Haaaa it’s still new! Enjoy it. Let it come naturally. In months to a year, you may want to get it out to a trail or some open dirt area to experiment. Good looking ride, have fun.

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Once you got that man sized amount of caffeine in you, go look for clean puddles of water and start going through them. Whoa hold on cowboy not so fast! 5mph is a good start. We don’t want to wash off that tire shine just yet.

This is horrible advice. You need to take a bathroom break after that coffee. You don't want to start your journey with a full bladder, especially if you're going to splashing water and reminding yourself how badly you have to pee.

OP
OP
leadfoot37

leadfoot37

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Google/YouTube Silver Lake Sand Dunes, only a few hours away from Chicago up in MI. I haven't been there myself yet but i've taken my gen2 out to Glamis, CA a few times and had a blast in those sand dunes.

Like you, I also keep my truck very clean. I never hit mud on purpose and try to keep it in dry sand, although I hear it's harder than other terrain (I grew up in San Diego and frequently went to Glamis growing up so I'm fairly used to sand and not really experienced in much else). Just air down the tires to ~15 PSI, carry a shovel and you'll be fine.

Word of advise, if you care about the paint stay away from most trails. These trucks are quite a bit wider than a Wrangler and you will get pinstriping if you're not careful. I've only taken the raptor on one trail but I watched some videos on YouTube first to make sure the trails were wide enough. Only had a few sketchy looking spots and luckily nothing I wasn't able to wetsand away.
These are some really great ideas especially about Michigan!! We will be there this weekend visiting at a friend's place so might check things out. I appreciate knowing about the trails and up to now I thought pinstripes were things on suits. really appreciate this indoctrination Guys!