did i mess up? bought a RAPTOR 'cuz it was COOL... now what the hell do i do with it??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BlueWhale

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Now if I could only find a dealer in UT or close by with Raptor for sale, i can fly over do the course and drive home with new baby. Checked out the site, looks like it runs March to November. Any dealers out there with gen3 35's ???

BB427

Reaction score
As mentioned already, Badlands Off Road Park in Attica, Indiana is only 2.5 hours south of downtown Chicago. Lots of options including sand, mud, water, hills, rocks, and trails. Go easy the first time out. As you grow your experience, feel free to push your comfort zone a bit.
Purchase a few essentials like a snatch strap, traction boards, shackles, tire pressure gauge, etc. Bring a friend to help with navigation and recovery. Oh, and Weathertech Floor Liners are a must.

KOK JR

Reaction score
Silver Lake ORV Park in Mears MI
600 acres of sand dunes. Not too far from Chicago
The people at Dune Land have been very helpful to me
October is, I think, the best time to go. Weekdays are not crowded at all. The park closes at the end of October
We are going next week or the week after
Have been there for the last three years in our '18 SCAB.

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The best thing I did was attend the Raptor Assault class that they provide you for free when you buy a new raptor. They will show you the limits of what this truck can do and get your blood pumping foe more, all while using their trucks so you don’t have to sacrifice your new one to learn. Enjoy! It’s a great machine.
Yes and no. Definitely go. It's totally worth it. But they won't show you the limits, but rather what it can do with a fair amount of safety margin. Trying to show newbie drivers the true limits would get really expensive, really quickly.

amREADY

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hedley making time.png

Nice. Take your time. You can go deep on things to plan for/think about, or just hit the basics and still have a great, safe time and not beat up the truck.

Local raptor and offroad groups will be your friend. Take all advice with a grain of salt until you can triangulate on those that seem to provide balanced, solid ideas every time.

Don't expect the jeep crowd to understand full-size (+) limitations or benefits either.

The truck is both very forgiving of inexperienced drivers and very punishing too. It handles so much bone stock, but you can overdrive your abilities in a hot second too.

Enjoy.

OP
OP
leadfoot37

leadfoot37

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
As mentioned already, Badlands Off Road Park in Attica, Indiana is only 2.5 hours south of downtown Chicago. Lots of options including sand, mud, water, hills, rocks, and trails. Go easy the first time out. As you grow your experience, feel free to push your comfort zone a bit.
Purchase a few essentials like a snatch strap, traction boards, shackles, tire pressure gauge, etc. Bring a friend to help with navigation and recovery. Oh, and Weathertech Floor Liners are a must.
All great advice. Thanks for the details