did i mess up? bought a RAPTOR 'cuz it was COOL... now what the hell do i do with it??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
leadfoot37

leadfoot37

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, we are planning to take our Gen 1 to Vegas next year to watch Notre Dame play BYU. Planning on spending some time in the desert while down there. Get your hotel reservations soon. Go Irish!
I didn't even frikn remember about Vegas for BYU Notre Dame next year. That sounds like an amazing idea and an even more more fun trip! YEP, gotta plan now

Big Blue

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Google/YouTube Silver Lake Sand Dunes, only a few hours away from Chicago up in MI. I haven't been there myself yet but i've taken my gen2 out to Glamis, CA a few times and had a blast in those sand dunes.

Like you, I also keep my truck very clean. I never hit mud on purpose and try to keep it in dry sand, although I hear it's harder than other terrain (I grew up in San Diego and frequently went to Glamis growing up so I'm fairly used to sand and not really experienced in much else). Just air down the tires to ~15 PSI, carry a shovel and you'll be fine.

Word of advise, if you care about the paint stay away from most trails. These trucks are quite a bit wider than a Wrangler and you will get pinstriping if you're not careful. I've only taken the raptor on one trail but I watched some videos on YouTube first to make sure the trails were wide enough. Only had a few sketchy looking spots and luckily nothing I wasn't able to wetsand away.

Congrats on the new truck OP and this ^ is great advice. I have been to Silver Lake a bunch of times and it's a Raptor playground.

mark20rptr

Reaction score
Have you heard of Badlands off-road park in Attica Indiana? There are a bunch of videos on YouTube your can watch to see if it’s something you might like

DeepSeaMofo423

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Guys, i admit it. I had 5 navigators for hauling kids 20 years. Just Bought the RAPTOR because it was cool. That's it. Problem: I drive it like a bucket of eggs... no dirt allowed (like my Navs and BMWs). Where can i go for some baby off-road action? I drove over a couple curbs at the CVS and "wonder what that was?" -- hardly felt it!! Ideas on what i can do with this truck-- i've had a couple weeks, took it to Notre Dame games, going "off road" to park on grass near the stadium... THOUGHTS? how do i get started? I live in Chicago, so Midwest stuff appreciated. View attachment 324177
Go to Raptor Assault and it will change your mind with keeping it on the Asphalt!

Jfearsome

Reaction score
The best thing I did was attend the Raptor Assault class that they provide you for free when you buy a new raptor. They will show you the limits of what this truck can do and get your blood pumping foe more, all while using their trucks so you don’t have to sacrifice your new one to learn. Enjoy! It’s a great machine.