did i mess up? bought a RAPTOR 'cuz it was COOL... now what the hell do i do with it??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
leadfoot37

leadfoot37

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes and no. Definitely go. It's totally worth it. But they won't show you the limits, but rather what it can do with a fair amount of safety margin. Trying to show newbie drivers the true limits would get really expensive, really quickly.
Maybe it's an "extra cost" lesson to push to limits... sounds like a business opportunity

OP
OP
leadfoot37

leadfoot37

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes, free. You have to pay for travel and lodging though.
i signed up today, including my VIN, to register for late October. Ford Performance lady called me. She tells me that they aren't set up yet for Gen 3, and told me to register again next year sometime

OP
OP
leadfoot37

leadfoot37

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dang wanna be! You went out and bought a big bad large tire off road truck that your afraid to get a little dirt on. I haven’t seen the likes of anyone like you but maybe over 50% of the people on this site with a Raptor.

Ok here is how we are going to fix this. As mentioned above start going to Starbucks and blocking the drive thru. Get your lattè and just hop the curb. Back into a parking spot, roll all the windows down and blast your radio while sipping the coffee drink.

Once you got that man sized amount of caffeine in you, go look for clean puddles of water and start going through them. Whoa hold on cowboy not so fast! 5mph is a good start. We don’t want to wash off that tire shine just yet.

Ok find some speed bumps and take them at 30mph and don’t let off the gas! Hit some pot holes. Then go home and don’t park on the driveway. Pull it up on the front lawn and park it.

Man how do you feel now? Get some ceramic and PPF on the truck and then we can take on a field next.

Haaaa it’s still new! Enjoy it. Let it come naturally. In months to a year, you may want to get it out to a trail or some open dirt area to experiment. Good looking ride, have fun.
so you think others here are posers, too? GREAT ideas... will get there!!

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Guys I never heard of that assault class... free to buyers? Cool! You'd think the dealer would have told me!
Welcome. A GREAT MANY dealers are completely clueless about both Raptors and the Raptor Assault training. I actually asked the sales manager at my dealer when I took delivery about the Raptor Assault school because I had read about it on this great forum. That dope had no idea what I was talking about! The RA training is REALLY fun and very worthwhile. I just went earlier this year. https://www.fordraptorforum.com/threads/raptor-assault-was-awesome.84045/#post-1634223

Last edited:

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
so you think others here are posers, too? GREAT ideas... will get there!!
Lol some may be, some may be hardcore off-roaders. All good and enjoy the truck in whatever way you or they may want. I was just having a good time and going along with the theme of the original post.

These are fantastic trucks on and off road. Ease into whatever you feel like doing with it.

Bracamonte

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Very late to this thread, but my advice for a midwestern wanting baby offroad:

Find some gravel roads in your area, start driving them fast, play with the drive modes and tranny.

Progress to finding some Forest Service roads in a national forest nearest to you. Start driving the fire roads and dirt roads.

Progress from that to finding UTV trail roads, 4-wheel parks, and any place with sand beach or dunes.

Last, head west, and find yourself somewhere in MT, WY, CO, UT, ID, NM, or AZ and put it all together.