Debating if I should stick to 37’s or go to 38’s

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ToadSmasher2K1

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thats exactly what I was thinking... With a level and slight trimming it might work

catinthehat85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Talking to friends who have been in the offroading industry for decades, don’t go beyond factory bfg 37s if you want to maintain reliability when high speed offroading. Upgrading to midtravel won’t help on the reliability end either. The truth is upgraded trucks break down far more often than stock. I realize that’s an unpopular opinion in online-raptor-land, but thought I would share the knowledge.

RaptorRudy

Reaction score
the 38” nitros are Q rated for speed. 100 mph max

They also weight 18 lbs per tire more then the OEM Ford spec BFG’s.

That said, they should fit well. OD is 37.7”

BaseModelRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The truth is upgraded trucks break down far more often than stock. I realize that’s an unpopular opinion in online-raptor-land, but thought I would share the knowledge.
That's a very vague statement. It would depend on the "upgrade". I wouldn't say "far more often" either.

Gsteve

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Talking to friends who have been in the offroading industry for decades, don’t go beyond factory bfg 37s if you want to maintain reliability when high speed offroading. Upgrading to midtravel won’t help on the reliability end either. The truth is upgraded trucks break down far more often than stock. I realize that’s an unpopular opinion in online-raptor-land, but thought I would share the knowledge.
i have a feeling this is all "starbucks" action

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khunter