Best lift and tire options

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
If you're going to keep stock wheels and want to go with 37s, Eibach 1" springs will work just fine for you.

OP
OP
B

Bigahole

Reaction score
If you're going to keep stock wheels and want to go with 37s, Eibach 1" springs will work just fine for you.

I’m gonna go with front and rear eibach and factory wheels

Reaper308

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What happens when the dealer sends the truck out to get lifted, new rims and tires etc? They void it for you before you buy? They send to the same places that are open to the public.
So actually my dealer had an Explorer ST like my wife’s on the floor with a Whipple intercooler and tune, Borla Exhaust, and lowered 1.5”’s looked great and inquired about it. Parts department manager said warranty would be all good no problems. However with service advisor standing there and Parts Manager, service advisor got really squirrelly and said “actually it would effect your warranty with the lowering kit and tune but again we would have to equate the mod’s to causing the problems”. So there’s that for what it’s worth. With most of the guys on here that are modding the shit out of our trucks we understand that at any time the dealer might say nope not covered and we can argue the point or not. We also have a pretty good idea how far out of spec we are going to determine if this is a legit fight or one where we are way off the reservation of getting something warrantied. Also that the problem our mod did increased the wear of a component. But to each their own! Good luck.

John813

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My opinion is this: Mod whatever area you feel comfortable footing the repair bill for a truck under warranty.

I don't touch tunes/engine upgrades while under warranty as that would/could void the entire drivetrain, even if a tune didn't cause the failure, good luck trying to fight that battle.

Suspension, such as my old Gen 1, I upgraded as I was fine with any possible issues popping up there as I wanted to continue to beef it up.

Rappin37

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wonder if a dealer can deny you warranty coverage on a totally stocked truck but claim that you drove the truck in areas unapproved from their view. What’s “off road “ technically, how much can you push this stock truck and not worry about the warranty. This can be an issue thinking you’re always covered.

anxietyguy

Reaction score
Just got a Gen 3. I have the 35’s. What’s everybody’s thought on a small lift and putting on 37 tires? What’s the best combo in your opinion. I am leaning towards the Eibach 2.2 front and 1.5 rear and bfg ko2 37’s. Stock 37 wheels. I don’t want tires to stick out.
Nick@apollo-Optics helped me out. @Nick@Apollo-Optics .... Really love my set-up. Just need to forscan the change in wheel size and suspension changes. These wheels are darker than the pictures show.

Attachments

• IMG_7174.jpg
    IMG_7174.jpg
    124.4 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG_7175.jpg
    IMG_7175.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 48
  • IMG_7176.jpg
    IMG_7176.jpg
    121 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_7177.jpg
    IMG_7177.jpg