Best lift and tire options

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BaseModelRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
He knows about the Magnuson Moss Act, the dealer will certainly roll over now if he blows his CV Joints or transmission!
If they try to tell me my 37s caused either they'll need to wait for me to stop laughing before I bring out the MMA.
Sheesh I didnt know so many tough guys who drive Raptors really cry like little girls when the dealer tells them no.

DFS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If they try to tell me my 37s caused either they'll need to wait for me to stop laughing before I bring out the MMA.
Sheesh I didnt know so many tough guys who drive Raptors really cry like little girls when the dealer tells them no.
Well since I make a living as an engineer that designs process systems, when altered from original specification you know what I do? I void the warranty. So please, lift your truck and throw on larger tires, then go reference MM when you have a failure, be sure to report back with results!

And I'm not trying to be a jerk here either, these products are designed with a specific set of specifications in place. It's impossible for the OEM to try and replicate or warranty products that are altered constantly, if you modify something you need to be okay with voiding the warranty.

Last edited:

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I've known about it for about 25 yrs and never have had to mention it to a dealer.
Trying to resolve amicably is always preferred and it has always worked out for me.
I've gone to the manufacturer, BBB, and state attorney general to help resolve in the past.
The last time was actually with the Raptor and I ended up with a $1k check through Ford directly because the dealer refused to cover something that should have been covered.

Again if you read the above there would be a limited circumstance where the case would go to court or even involve an attorney but if you choose to neglect to use resources available to you and bend over like a sow in heat then that's your prerogative.
Maybe one day I can be a superhero MM tough guy like you! One can only hope. Maybe if I lift more, I can become Mr. MM too! You go girl!

1684252534938.jpeg

Last edited:

BaseModelRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Well since I make a living as an engineer that designs process systems, when altered from original specification you know what I do? I void the warranty. So please, lift your truck and throw on larger tires, then go reference MM when you have a failure, be sure to report back with results!

And I'm not trying to be a jerk here either, these products are designed with a specific set of specifications in place. It's impossible for the OEM to try and replicate or warranty products that are altered constantly, if you modify something you need to be okay with voiding the warranty.
I think you've missed where I said I've argued modifications in the past and was always able to have it fixed under warranty.
One of my last vehicles was a Wrangler ..lol Had a radiator leak the was initially rejected until escalating through dealer management.
I had a friend who had a heater core go bad on his Wrangler and the dealer said they werent going to cover because he had mud under it from off-roading ...lol Yeah that replacement was covered too.
I had an Audi that had non-Audi approved tires on it and they tried to tell me a tierod wouldnt be covered because of them.
OEM size just not an "approved Audi tire" ...again that was covered.
So it's all relative. Dont come in here saying if you mod your truck you wont have a warranty and nothing will be covered because that's 100% not true.
You want to let a dealer push you around with BS then go ahead.

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I think you've missed where I said I've argued modifications in the past and was always able to have it fixed under warranty.
One of my last vehicles was a Wrangler ..lol Had a radiator leak the was initially rejected until escalating through dealer management.
I had a friend who had a heater core go bad on his Wrangler and the dealer said they werent going to cover because he had mud under it from off-roading ...lol Yeah that replacement was covered too.
I had an Audi that had non-Audi approved tires on it and they tried to tell me a tierod wouldnt be covered because of them.
OEM size just not an "approved Audi tire" ...again that was covered.
So it's all relative. Dont come in here saying if you mod your truck you wont have a warranty and nothing will be covered because that's 100% not true.
You want to let a dealer push you around with BS then go ahead.
NOBODY said anything even remotely like that. Arguing something incredibly simple like you just quoted has NOTHING TO DO with MM! That's just a pretty normal interaction with a dealer that was being a bit of an ass. Where in MM does it mention anything about mud on a truck? I missed that part.

Aren't you curious how I got your picture? :happy175: :happy175:

Last edited:

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The Magnuson Moss Warranty Act is often cited as one of the main reasons why dealers must cover a particular part. This can be a failure in a modded or modified car. The question that most car enthusiasts often seem to ask is what happens to the warranty of the product which they bought and then modified that product. Fortunately, the law can help consumers like these. But it is due to lack of awareness and the confusion in this area that invoke the Magnuson Moss Warranty Act.

What is the Magnuson Moss Act?​

According to the Act, an automobile manufacturer cannot void your vehicle warranty due to the installation of aftermarket parts. Unless the aftermarket part that caused the vehicle failure or contributed to it (15 U.S.C. 2302 (C)).
This has to be the most mis-quoted and misunderstood legislation in the entire industry.

Quoting this legislation when discussing modifications shows that you not only don’t understand the legislation, but you also never bothered to read your warranty contract.

MM does not apply to vehicle modifications. The term “aftermarket” in MM refers to replacement equivalent parts manufactured by someone other than the OEM. So replacement oil filters, air filters, wiper blades, etc. An example would be a consumer coming in with an engine noise concern; the dealer/manufacturer cannot deem it non-warrantable just because the oil filter is a Purolator and not an OEM. However, if they disassemble the filter and find that the media came apart and damaged the engine, then the failure would be non-warrantable.

Aftermarket modifications are a completely different category. You’re not using an equivalent part; you’re changing the configuration of the vehicle with unknown variables. When there is a failure of a factory component or system related/attributed to the modification, it’s non-warrantable.

It’s also not the manufacturer’s responsibility to prove that your aftermarket modification caused the failure, only that the wear or failure is attributable to the modification.

In the case of adding 37’s and a lift, you’re altering everything from CV operating angles to ABS/Stability Control operation to ball joint range of motion and beyond. The manufacturer didn’t engineer or test it in that configuration and they certainly didn’t build it that way. But you think they’re somehow responsible to cover failures attributed to those alterations? And that you should have no personal accountability for issues attributed to your modifications?

For reference, here is the excerpt from the warranty:

OP
OP
B

Bigahole

Reaction score
What happens when the dealer sends the truck out to get lifted, new rims and tires etc? They void it for you before you buy? They send to the same places that are open to the public.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
What happens when the dealer sends the truck out to get lifted, new rims and tires etc? They void it for you before you buy? They send to the same places that are open to the public.
Then they either warranty the mods through the installer or offer it with no warranty on the systems that have been modified. The OEM warranty doesn’t cover modifications.

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I've seen several of those places have their own 3 year/36,000 warranty and they hope you don't ask too many questions afterwards.