Best lift and tire options

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BoostCreep

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I've seen several of those places have their own 3 year/36,000 warranty and they hope you don't ask too many questions afterwards.
Exactly. And I guarantee in your closing/sales documents there’s a waiver in there waiving your right to challenge a potential disclaimer of the factory Ford warranty related to those parts.

OP
OP
B

Bigahole

Reaction score
Exactly. And I guarantee in your closing/sales documents there’s a waiver in there waiving your right to challenge a potential disclaimer of the factory Ford warranty related to those parts.
The biggest thing to me would be voiding the transmission warranty. Is there an argument that a lift would cause that? What could be voided with a spring lift? The seats and touchscreen would obviously still be warranted. Are you guys saying mostly suspension parts?

G2G3Iconic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The thread title doesn’t give it justice. . Rip jerry springer but we have our own show going on.
These types of conversations happen when a person pays near 100K for a truck and finds out modding it may make their warranty void. A few thoughts on this

1. The variability in dealer makes a difference. You may be able to strong arm some from the "throw a hissy Im a pseudointellect lawyer" standpoint.

2. The real truth in the matter is the dealer CAN void whatever they want, and is under no obligation to fix it until you file suit. At that point it better be a problem over 5K to even break even.

3. The real world is that everybody wants to get along for the most part and so there is some give and take both by the dealer and the truck owner. The ones that ruin this for the rest of us are the "pseudointellect lawyer" types that insist on getting warrantied on obvious use as not intended. Makes dealers less willing to cover things, and casts all of us as entitled jerks.

BaseModelRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
This has to be the most mis-quoted and misunderstood legislation in the entire industry.

Quoting this legislation when discussing modifications shows that you not only don’t understand the legislation, but you also never bothered to read your warranty contract.

MM does not apply to vehicle modifications. The term “aftermarket” in MM refers to replacement equivalent parts manufactured by someone other than the OEM. So replacement oil filters, air filters, wiper blades, etc. An example would be a consumer coming in with an engine noise concern; the dealer/manufacturer cannot deem it non-warrantable just because the oil filter is a Purolator and not an OEM. However, if they disassemble the filter and find that the media came apart and damaged the engine, then the failure would be non-warrantable.
100% incorrect the MMA does also cover aftermarket modifications. I suggest you speak with a contract attorney other than the ones employed by Ford MotorCompany.

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score
100% incorrect the MMA does also cover aftermarket modifications. I suggest you speak with a contract attorney other than the ones employed by Ford MotorCompany.

Obviously you are the king of MM. New rule for all forum members, we must all walk around with a printed copy of it, do any and all mods we can think of, and when the warranty is not covered, we can all yell in unison at FMC, "But, Base Model Raptor says it's so! He's really tough, and he is the guy that stands up to dealers and you must listen!" :banghead:

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I suggest you actually read the legislation instead of blindly quoting it. Nowhere does MM state that a manufacturer is liable for wear or failures caused by aftermarket modifications.

Lemon Law attorneys are bottom of the barrel scum who couldn’t make it in a real law firm. They throw shit at the wall and try to get it to stick for a quick payday.