Dealership service wait time

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cdiddy4224

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have experienced this too, called the dealer I purchased my truck from and they told me I could get in about 6 weeks later. I laughed and hung up. I have gone by dealers and their service bays don’t look busy at all. Shortage of techs?
I called a different dealer and they were able to schedule me 2 days out and their service and work is amazing. Doesn’t make sense to me.

Reaction score
Our dealer here is booked out till February for warranty, and November for oil changes. I will have to drive 45 minutes one way if I ever need an oil change, and even then there booking a month in advance. Since it's under warranty y9u should be able to call Ford and ask for a rental vehicle while you wait.
Be careful about rental cars! The transmission blew up in my 2020 at 9,000 miles 300 miles from home but I got it to the nearest dealer! Had to rent a car to get back home! After a month, dealer could not get the rebuilt transmission to work after driving back to pick it up. Dealer suggested taking it to my selling dealer and Ford would reimburse me for the tow.

Turned out 6 months later FMC has done neither but are now saying the reimburse rental car for $45/ day up to 10 days and denied my tow charge wanting proof of a different form of payment. Tow guy said no check, credit or debit card, cash only. So upon delivery, I paid the driver $1,850 which included a $50 tip for a 600 mile round trip on a flat bed.

Don’t trust them!

2020FordRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Be careful about rental cars! The transmission blew up in my 2020 at 9,000 miles 300 miles from home but I got it to the nearest dealer! Had to rent a car to get back home! After a month, dealer could not get the rebuilt transmission to work after driving back to pick it up. Dealer suggested taking it to my selling dealer and Ford would reimburse me for the tow.

Turned out 6 months later FMC has done neither but are now saying the reimburse rental car for $45/ day up to 10 days and denied my tow charge wanting proof of a different form of payment. Tow guy said no check, credit or debit card, cash only. So upon delivery, I paid the driver $1,850 which included a $50 tip for a 600 mile round trip on a flat bed.

Don’t trust them!
Actually Ford wouldn't reimburse you for the tow. Don't know why your dealer would say that. You should get reimbursed for a rental vehicle though.

9th Island raptor

Reaction score
My 2021 with 10k miles started flashing check engine light a few minutes ago. Noticed very rough idle at stop light, but no check engine light. When light turned green, truck had very little power, very rough and flashing check engine. Waiting for tow truck now.

When I contacted dealer, they said I could have it towed in, but that they wouldn’t look at it until middle of November. Other dealer within reasonable distance said March!?!

Is this just the way things are now? They also haven’t done the driveshaft recall saying they have no parts to fix it if anything is wrong (that was six months ago, same story at an oil change three months ago). Anyway, just trying to work out if I should be understanding or need to start making some noise. Other than claiming no parts for the recall all other interactions with this dealer have been fine (and it’s been decades since I’ve had interactions with any other dealer, so no idea what current standards are)
Bro, im in the same boat right now. My 2019 raptor s blowing up! Literally. LoL white smoke coming out Its A**. LoL. there telling me they can't see it till January/feb. I told them its my daily driver. I need my truck. They said we can put u on a waiting list. Unreal!

1BAD454SSv2

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Must be lucky in AZ i made an appointment for my 2019 , 2 weeks ago dropped off this past Monday , Trans service fluid and filter , both axles change to Motul gear oil , drain /fill transfer case . Front brakes light turn on rotors and new pads . My Tech called said i could wait, still 8mm of pad left but i gave him go ahead to change . Warranty work 3rd brake light black gasket kind of willy nilly and windshield washer pump not working . Can pick up today after work 2 days .

OP
OP
M

mathman

Reaction score
Bro, im in the same boat right now. My 2019 raptor s blowing up! Literally. LoL white smoke coming out Its A**. LoL. there telling me they can't see it till January/feb. I told them its my daily driver. I need my truck. They said we can put u on a waiting list. Unreal!
Yikes! One of the dealers in range of me told me they could look at it in March! Luckily for me mine is a fun truck and though I really *want* it, I don't actually *need* it for anything.

My dealer doesn't have a wait list, but they said that while it was in their yard they'd look at it if they could manage to finish another job early. They weren't just trying to placate me -- a tech just called and said that he spent three hours with my truck today. The codes said that the problem was a fuel fault, which put the truck into safe mode. After talking to me about what happened he wants to drive it again tomorrow to make sure there isn't anything he missed, but if that works out I'll have the truck back on Monday (checks calendar ... well before mid-November! They think fuel fault was a glitch -- they checked and the fuel is fine)

Now I'm wondering if they just pulled a Scotty on me: they say it'll be a month, and when I get it in a week I'm thrilled out of my mind and picking up beer for the techs ...

EMY92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When I took mine in, I could have had it checked out in a few days. I did schedule an appointment for 2 weeks later. They diagnosed it in a day (it helped that I had printed out the TSB and left it in the truck). I could have left the truck in to wait for parts and the repair, but I resheduled it for a week later.

The wait times are likely going to vary greatly by location.

goblues38

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My 2021 with 10k miles started flashing check engine light a few minutes ago. Noticed very rough idle at stop light, but no check engine light. When light turned green, truck had very little power, very rough and flashing check engine. Waiting for tow truck now.

When I contacted dealer, they said I could have it towed in, but that they wouldn’t look at it until middle of November. Other dealer within reasonable distance said March!?!

Is this just the way things are now? They also haven’t done the driveshaft recall saying they have no parts to fix it if anything is wrong (that was six months ago, same story at an oil change three months ago). Anyway, just trying to work out if I should be understanding or need to start making some noise. Other than claiming no parts for the recall all other interactions with this dealer have been fine (and it’s been decades since I’ve had interactions with any other dealer, so no idea what current standards are)
Took me 6 weeks to get an appointment for Cam Phazer fix. Called in August for October appointment. Then, my truck sat un touched for 7 days before they did the fix.

Reaction score
Actually Ford wouldn't reimburse you for the tow. Don't know why your dealer would say that. You should get reimbursed for a rental vehicle though.
Actually, it was not a "tow" per Ford's definition. Their definition relates from picking up a vehicle under warranty and transporting it to the nearest dealer. This issue involved transferring a vehicle under full warranty the nearest authorized Ford Dealer could not fixed. The dealer installed a rebuilt transmission, not a new one even though a new one was available, and after installing, were unable to get the transmission to work properly. Dealer suggested transferring it to my selling dealer, who correctly installed the transmission computer program(s)! Not my fault the nearest authorized dealer could not repair a Ford product!