Corrosion on Rear FOX shocks AARRGH....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

xtcbct

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've read through every page of this thread. Looks like no dealer has ever covered this under warranty. Not so sure it is even worth asking my dealer.

Derrick

Reaction score
Rear Shocks

Have noticed lots of corrosion on the aluminum part not anodized part of the shock housing cover.
looks like they are clear coated but starting to see the white powder like the 90's factory mustang rims that were showing corrosion under the clear coat. Looks like crap everytime I clean the truck, has anyone found this and would this be a warranty issue.

bsimms89

Reaction score
Damn, I just got my raptor and plan on using it mostly on the beach and towing my jet skis, so it will be seeing a lot of salt. Maybe I should try coating them with some spray silicone like I do to the engine compartment of my skis to try to prevent this?

FordServiceCA

Ford Professional
Reaction score
Have noticed lots of corrosion... Looks like crap everytime I clean the truck, has anyone found this and would this be a warranty issue.

I will be happy to assist, Derrick. Have you taken the vehicle to your dealer for diagnosis? Please share the current status including the odometer reading. By the way, your dealer is in the best position to address warranty related questions. To help locate the nearest, please click on this link: Locate a Dealer Search | Official Site of Ford Vehicles | Ford.ca

Kwasi

Huck

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Not warranty as it doesn't effect the operation of the shocks. Anyone that lives where it snows has this problem after the first winter

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

jglumley

Reaction score
I too have some corrosion on at the top of my rear shocks, that I was able to remove with some steel wool. My truck is only a 2014 with 7000 miles on it, and I want to make sure the problem doesn't get worse. What type of protection can I apply that will protect them from getting worse this winter ? I really don't see anything conclusive.

RaptorScrew

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Order up some amsoil hd metal protector 7.99 a can and spray your shocks this will prevent this from happening, its just like chain wax but clearer.

Wish I would of saw this post 3.5 years ago! My shocks look like shit because of corrosion.

What's the difference between Kings and stock? This way I know which way to go when mine start to fail. I've got 43k on my 2011 and they work good but look like shit.

Just thinking ahead...

Magnum PI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I upgraded my shocks. To 3.0 fox. In the manual it says to clean and apply car wax every 3 months and buff. It will help with corrosion or they say so if not mistaken. Haven't done it yet but will be soon. Give it a shot it never hurts.

matrix243

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hooollllyy $h!t, are my shocks rusted out now. Point of no return. These are worse then my rancho shocks on my old '98 truck. How is that even possible? Identical enviroment. I'll be upgrading just because. 35k miles.