Corrosion on Rear FOX shocks AARRGH....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NitroBerserker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Corrosion on Rear FOX shocks

Anybody having this problem??

it looks like it has gotten under the plastic coating although I can't detect damage to the coating. I think it may have come in from the top.

mine are starting to look pretty bad, I wash them every time I wash the truck, and generally hose off underneath usually with the pressure washer.

I just had the truck in for 20K service and forgot to mention it, maybe they can cover them under a warranty issue.

I'll have to see if I can get some good pictures later.

NoCaDiver

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I haven't noticed anything. Sucks for sure. Any type of offroading or salt exposure?

CanadianEH

Reaction score
Mine is doing the exact same thing... I'd like to know if its covered under warrenty as well.

BigJ

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Is this obvious enough where it might show up in a picture? I'd love to see what we're talking about here...

OP
OP
NitroBerserker

NitroBerserker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sucks for sure. Any type of offroading or salt exposure?

Two trips to OBX 2010,2011 driving on the beach and both times I hit the car wash before I left for home to clean the underside ( and I just like driving a clean vehicle, we do Represent, ) I did avoid the hard packed sand near the water line... no fun in that..

Also I run some of usual trails around here, But Pennsylvania winters normally come with their share of road salt. Knowing this I wash it frequently

Is this obvious enough where it might show up in a picture? I'd love to see what we're talking about here...

Yes, its pretty Obvious..... Here are a couple pictures I took, The first three are the RIGHT side

The LEFT side is not as bad but it's still unsightly

OP
OP
NitroBerserker

NitroBerserker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After closer inspection it seem that the shocks were just sprayed with a clear coat and the decals put on top. on the worse corroded spots you can take your thumbnail and scrap the clearcoat right off.

A.I.I.Raciing

Dezert 8MYMNEY
Reaction score
Have you tired contacting Fox?

It may not be a bad idea asking them if they have been contacted by Ford about this

NoCaDiver

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I just double checked mine and don't have a lick of corrosion on them. I will have had the truck two years come this October.

BigJ

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Wow. That's no good.

Thanks for the pics. I'll be following this...