Corrosion on Rear FOX shocks AARRGH....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ramrodthrusterpuppy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I recently tried to have my front shocks replaced under the ESP (which does cover mcpheson struts) because they both started to leak at 70k. Denied!!! So Ford won't cover them when they corrode or when they fail. Fail!!! I was told that if they "broke", then they would be covered.

I guess it depends on the dealer's diligence and attention to detail. My dealer replaced both my fronts earlier this year under warranty as they were both leaking. I didn't even notice it, the tech did while performing other service.

That said, they won't warranty the finish as it doesn't affect the function of the shock. The replaced fronts are already pitted after half of an Ottawa Winter!

TheJoker

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I guess it depends on the dealer's diligence and attention to detail. My dealer replaced both my fronts earlier this year under warranty as they were both leaking. I didn't even notice it, the tech did while performing other service.

That said, they won't warranty the finish as it doesn't affect the function of the shock. The replaced fronts are already pitted after half of an Ottawa Winter!

I recently talked to someone near me who was able to get his front shocks replaced under warranty. But, this was a couple of years ago.

matrix243

Full Access Member
Reaction score
These are absolutely destroyed. The housing is bulging as well as the end of the bypass reservoir. So much for restoring/rebuilding and swapping out. Glad I wrapped and ceramic coated the new ones. They better last.20200208_163643.jpg 20200208_163656.jpg