Corrosion on Rear FOX shocks AARRGH....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Five-O Donut Hole

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I will be happy to assist, Derrick. Have you taken the vehicle to your dealer for diagnosis? Please share the current status including the odometer reading. By the way, your dealer is in the best position to address warranty related questions. To help locate the nearest, please click on this link: Locate a Dealer Search | Official Site of Ford Vehicles | Ford.ca

Kwasi

I requested assistance from my dealer after the corrosion on the Fox shocks about 1 year after I bought my 2012. Was told that as long as they work properly then they are not covered under warranty. I'm pretty sure a lot of us have tried but no success. What I don't understand is if the vehicles paint finish started rusting or peeling away for no apparent reason, it would be covered under warranty...its part of the Raptors appearance. These shocks provide a purpose but due to the stickers/and deliberate color casing of them, they are a purposeful advertising-look at me-draw attention part of the vehicle. They are part of the Raptor's appearance.....why not make them just a plain old black if there was no purpose to the way they should look. I think it's a shoddy design and Fox/Ford realized it after the fact and clearly don't want to shell out $$$$ for warranty claims

skyscraper

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Amsoil HD metal Protector works great. I don't live in a salty state...almost 1.5 years and mine are fine. They are a bit yellow from the HD coating.

BearClaw

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I requested assistance from my dealer after the corrosion on the Fox shocks about 1 year after I bought my 2012. Was told that as long as they work properly then they are not covered under warranty. I'm pretty sure a lot of us have tried but no success. What I don't understand is if the vehicles paint finish started rusting or peeling away for no apparent reason, it would be covered under warranty...its part of the Raptors appearance. These shocks provide a purpose but due to the stickers/and deliberate color casing of them, they are a purposeful advertising-look at me-draw attention part of the vehicle. They are part of the Raptor's appearance.....why not make them just a plain old black if there was no purpose to the way they should look. I think it's a shoddy design and Fox/Ford realized it after the fact and clearly don't want to shell out $$$$ for warranty claims

Ford also neglects to share the service schedule that Fox recommends: 10K for off roaders and 50K for on road only drivers.

We are lucky here in CT that we have the only authorized Fox tech in 6 surrounding states who can do it. Actually had mine done today. And yes, CT uses salt and other nasty chemicals that eat metal, especially aluminum.

Attachments

• 20150418_144649_resized.jpg
    20150418_144649_resized.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 130
  • 20150418_152452_resized.jpg
    20150418_152452_resized.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 127
  • 20150418_153042_resized.jpg
    20150418_153042_resized.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 121

TheJoker

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I recently tried to have my front shocks replaced under the ESP (which does cover mcpheson struts) because they both started to leak at 70k. Denied!!! So Ford won't cover them when they corrode or when they fail. Fail!!! I was told that if they "broke", then they would be covered.