COMPLETE Audio Overhaul

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

imdubious

FRF Addict
Reaction score
for $6k i hope they are fibergalssing a box for that woofer. other than that, the only thing i would change about your system is the kicker. here is why.........
1) kicker is not known for their sound quality. they are known for being loud
2) the multi band eq is not necessary in a truck. trucks generate a lot of noise. electrically and mechanically. the motor and exhaust on a truck will produce ambent noise which some of it will cancel out certain frequecies. and the electrical system has a tendacy to generate noise as well. from a hiss to a whine when on a throttle.

as a personal preferance, i think you should go clean sweep, summing device, and an audio control eqx.

it looks like you have a good build going. jl speakers amps and subs are the way to go. let us know how it turns out

what do you think of the Alpine PXA-H800 and the cheaper PXA-H660?

Last edited:

pallwall

Reaction score
Will fiberglass be lighter than a wood box? Your gonna have to ship me one to Hawaii.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
what do you think of the Alpine PXA-H800 and the cheaper PXA-H660?
its a decent sound processor, i just hate the imprint bull....... im an audio control guy. even though i am dealers for both. an audio control is better in my opinion. but dont get me wrong the alpine units are very good.

---------- Post added at 05:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:28 PM ----------

Will fiberglass be lighter than a wood box? Your gonna have to ship me one to Hawaii.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
yes, and they will be built to the speakers specs for optimum output

OP
OP
EFTOBIAS

EFTOBIAS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Once you drop the box for x2 12s I might move the sub to another vehicle and go from there. It's only one seat and eh, not a big deal for me. I did almost say screw it and have the guys cut into the floorboards to mount the sub(s) flush with the floor but eh, maybe when my bike comes out here I'll get the sub mounted elsewhere. I just want a semi temp situation. I figure the rest of the speakers will be permanent so the sub can always be moved around. I doubt I'll ever deal with an issue of losing one seat.

OP
OP
EFTOBIAS

EFTOBIAS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
46244_10151303014902193_790843413_n.jpg

Final product. Knocks ridiculously hard and is a crisp clean bass. The speakers are all loud and keep up with the sub. Loving it and it turns heads everywhere I go... super loud.

Everything is cleanly mounted - speakers behind stock sony covers and amps etc all behind the backseats, wires run through the body and panels. Bass knob is right next to the shifter... I'll get a pic of that later.

trayack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
^ Wait....THATS the final install?....You paid $6K and they used a stock JL box mounted like that?! I'm sorry man, I'd like to be a fly on the wall in that place after you walked out the door.

And yes, I'm new here, but I've been doing car audio work for the last 15 years. Nosbusa, my current setup in my tahoe consists of:
Pioneer 720prs' front/rear fill
Zapco C2K 2.5
Zapco C2K 9.0
RE *** 12.

^Just for ref...no newb here. I do all my own installs.

Last edited:

imdubious

FRF Addict
Reaction score
its a decent sound processor, i just hate the imprint bull....... im an audio control guy. even though i am dealers for both. an audio control is better in my opinion. but dont get me wrong the alpine units are very good.

---------- Post added at 05:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:28 PM ----------

Do you rep JL? If so I might get a qoute on a parts list from you.

Boss Hoss

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hmmmmm I have been into high end car audio since 1978. Have to have SQL and SDL. This sounds a little high---the 13.5(amp is running almost 1200 w per the "birth certificate" in mine as well as the modified factory box with a JL (250 w) in it as well hits so hard it make your nuts hurt.

I run the 165 KRX2's in the front with 250w per side out of a bridged PDX ---- will damn near make your ears bleed with the Focal demo disk lol. CLEAR as a bell after it was tuned to perfection.

Might look at your componet selection again esp for the front speakers.

---------- Post added at 08:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:03 AM ----------

Listen to nosbusa----better to do it it right the first time and cry once.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The vocals are awesome speakers I am going to use the same in my truck

---------- Post added at 10:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:49 AM ----------

stupid spell correction.......

i will be using focal front, rear, and speaker amp.

---------- Post added at 10:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:55 AM ----------

looks like boss knows his stuff as well. you got good stuff in your truck