Audio Upgrade Complete

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hush Car Audio

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You are correct the newer units are all updated already. At least the last few installs were fine and no updates were needed.

OP
OP
OEMPlus Raptor

OEMPlus Raptor

OEM preferred....
Reaction score
he was having issues with the backup sensors playing audio, a high noise floor, and blutooth problems. got it fixed for him though. there are 2 updates for the zen module that have to be in a specific sequence to update successfully. otherwise it might brick it. i believe the new zen units are updated already though
I had high noise floor but my gains were too hot on the amp, turned them down and adjusted the gains in the DSP. That took care of the high floor noise. There was only one update available for my Zen and I ran it. Haven't used the bluetooth function much yet but it streams bluetooth music just fine. The raptor is not my daily driver so maybe next week I drive for the week and see how it behaves. My rear sensor audio and mute play just like factory, not as loud but I think its because I'm no longer running a center speaker.

OP
OP
OEMPlus Raptor

OEMPlus Raptor

OEM preferred....
Reaction score
I just upgraded speakers. Sounded flat before.
I did that on my 2017 Lariat and it helped. I ran Focal then as well. Not high end ones, but the "Integrated series" I was happy with them. I even left them inside the truck when I traded it in. However the bass was still horrible.

GoDucks

Reaction score
Buying door speakers is so hard because how can you tell or predict what they will sound like in your truck? I've had 5 different F150s since 2004 and each truck I went with either Polk, Infinity, Pioneer, JBL, Kenwood and Hertz speakers. I am not a huge audiophile but do love good clean sound and nice deep base or better than what a single 8" provides. From what I can remember, I think the sound from the Infinity was the best for my ears.

jhouse55

Reaction score
Hello Rick, is your truck an 800a trim by chance? I noticed what looks like a factory connector connected to the Zen audio unit. I have an 800a and plan to start with incorporating the kicker sub and a mono amp. Just need to see if the wire is there tucked away. If not, just run all new stuff if I have to.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hello Rick, is your truck an 800a trim by chance? I noticed what looks like a factory connector connected to the Zen audio unit. I have an 800a and plan to start with incorporating the kicker sub and a mono amp. Just need to see if the wire is there tucked away. If not, just run all new stuff if I have to.
the harness connected to the zen is the oem amp harness. if your truck does not have the b&o system, you wont need the zen module

OP
OP
OEMPlus Raptor

OEMPlus Raptor

OEM preferred....
Reaction score
No sir, my truck is a 802A with thd factory B&O. The Zen replaces the factory amplifier and uses the factory wiring/plugs. If you go on there website you can download the owners manual and wiring diagram. Very straight forward.