Audio Upgrade Ideas - 2012

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
mikeyfitz

mikeyfitz

Reaction score
Good thing pretty much all aftermarket touchscreens as far as I've seen are all Carplay and android auto ready. Wireless even if you want. Crutchfield.com can give you some good ideas for sure and they include a lot of adapters and wiring harnesses and such with purchase of speakers and HU from them.
I feel like I’ve seen them to where they fit behind the OEM bezel or come with a bezel to look OEM. That would be the ideal way. Not to look all janky and out.

If there was a way to convert my Gen3s 12” I’d be all over it haha. Love the look and setup of it on all the trucks.

skaarju

Reaction score
If you wanna spend the money I really dig my current set-up even though it's about to come out for a larger system. I run a Gately Enclosure with four 8" Gately Relentless subs on a Sundown Audio SALT-4 at .5. I have a Mechman370 and 112ah of Lithium Headway to power it. It's pricey but has a good amount of bass.
I have the same setup I just threw in but looking at battery options. Which lith batt did you go with that’s 112ah? Did you have the pro power onboard 2k option? I do so don’t think I could add another alternator as there should be 2 already, the second for the pro power onboard. Also I used skar subs and they pound and are real loud but wondering how much better the Gately relentless you have are? Considering those were made for the enclosure.

Shane361

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have the same setup I just threw in but looking at battery options. Which lith batt did you go with that’s 112ah? Did you have the pro power onboard 2k option? I do so don’t think I could add another alternator as there should be 2 already, the second for the pro power onboard. Also I used skar subs and they pound and are real loud but wondering how much better the Gately relentless you have are? Considering those were made for the enclosure.
Honestly due to the price difference I would go with the Sundown X8's which are monsters. The Relentless are also beasts and you can not go wrong with them at all. It's more bass than 95% of people are running in their trucks. They take power though which means electrical upgrades. I know I needed Lithium so I learned how to build the banks. It's actually alot of fun but they are not for stupid people and can be dangerous in the wrong hands. You can buy them but will cost you twice as much but I see them on FB market place for $400-500 for a bank around my size. A 56ah lithium bank is sufficient for a SALT-4 however or anything around that power range.