Audio Upgrade Ideas - 2012

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mikeyfitz

Reaction score
There is a lottt of information to scroll through. And I might very well find my answer while I do that on free time. But I have a Raptor R, Gen 3 Eco (selling it though, blah v6) and then a heavily upgraded Focal setup with JL Audio 10s and such in a 22 450 Limited..

I just recently purchased a 2012 Roushcharged Raptor for a daily, was a stupid clean 1 owner, with 100k on it, but my only concern is the sound system is straight cheeks lmao. Coming from new and upgraded systems in other vehicles. I need somewhere in between the R, and the 450. Especially being the Sync 1 screen looks like my old Nokia brick screen. I like base. But I like clear audio.

Is there any go to setups for screen, speakers, subs/amps out there?

I am sure its been answered and I will continue looking, but damn there is so many things to browse.

Thanks in advance

Shane361

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Don’t need it being show quality just the quick n easy setup haha
Some ideas, dual sub enclosure might need a larger amp. Then for with a 4 channel and a bigger mono. This will no require a seat lift and will keep you within your stock electrical range. Chose the mids of your chose, JLC3 or higher, Herts...many others.

Meat2022

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I went simple and budget friendly with my sync1 replacement. I know some have done the sync3 upgrade also. I went with a kenwood excelon HU....you have to get the maestro rr to interface with the cameras ....steering wheel controls and such. They make a Bluetooth maestro also that can do firmware updates via Bluetooth instead of the micro USB port on the maestro.
I have all kenwood door spearkers
kenwood HU
Fosgate subs..2 10s....jl audio mono Amp 1000w.
The only thing I haven't done is the Amp bypass to power all door speakers..that's my next project. I have a Rockford Fosgate 4 channel Amp already..just need the bypass kit and to truly understand how that all connects and works.
Like I said..my setup was budget friendly but I am pleased with it for sure.

Meat2022

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My sub box didn't require a seat lift fyi....fit perfectly with 2 down firing Fosgates. My box is sealed also.

Shane361

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If you wanna spend the money I really dig my current set-up even though it's about to come out for a larger system. I run a Gately Enclosure with four 8" Gately Relentless subs on a Sundown Audio SALT-4 at .5. I have a Mechman370 and 112ah of Lithium Headway to power it. It's pricey but has a good amount of bass.

OP
OP
mikeyfitz

mikeyfitz

Reaction score
I went simple and budget friendly with my sync1 replacement. I know some have done the sync3 upgrade also. I went with a kenwood excelon HU....you have to get the maestro rr to interface with the cameras ....steering wheel controls and such. They make a Bluetooth maestro also that can do firmware updates via Bluetooth instead of the micro USB port on the maestro.
I have all kenwood door spearkers
kenwood HU
Fosgate subs..2 10s....jl audio mono Amp 1000w.
The only thing I haven't done is the Amp bypass to power all door speakers..that's my next project. I have a Rockford Fosgate 4 channel Amp already..just need the bypass kit and to truly understand how that all connects and works.
Like I said..my setup was budget friendly but I am pleased with it for sure.
Yeah my biggest thing for sure is the radio head unit. I can’t stand sync1, so it’s gotta get modernized.

I like the setup ideas. I’m pretty basic to audio knowledge, on the 450 I just dropped it off and said make it sound insane. Haha.

OP
OP
mikeyfitz

mikeyfitz

Reaction score
Some ideas, dual sub enclosure might need a larger amp. Then for with a 4 channel and a bigger mono. This will no require a seat lift and will keep you within your stock electrical range. Chose the mids of your chose, JLC3 or higher, Herts...many others.

Yeah I had somewhat simple setup on an older truck.

My #1 is head unit for sure. Need my apple play back haha.

Meat2022

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah I had somewhat simple setup on an older truck.

My #1 is head unit for sure. Need my apple play back haha.
Good thing pretty much all aftermarket touchscreens as far as I've seen are all Carplay and android auto ready. Wireless even if you want. Crutchfield.com can give you some good ideas for sure and they include a lot of adapters and wiring harnesses and such with purchase of speakers and HU from them.