COMPLETE Audio Overhaul

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

EFTOBIAS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So, I figured when in rome... No but seriously. A local shop in VA is doing a custom audio overhaul in the truck... The only functionality I lose is the 1/3 back seat stays up permanently (the one the original sub is under...

Apart from that, should be sick.

The parts list is:
Kicker 10ZXSUM8
Kicker 03KQ30
x2 JL Audio C3-570
JL Audio HD600/4
JL Audio HD1200/1
JL Audio XD-PCS1/0-2B
JL Audio XB-BLUAIC2-3
JL Audio 13W7AE-D1.5

Altogether it's running me in the ballpark of 6 grand. Should hit every facet of the music and give me the ultimate system for the truck. I will update on Sunday with pictures and possibly a video... stay tuned!

I'm f***ing excited!

OP
OP
EFTOBIAS

EFTOBIAS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The audio guy and I talked about it and I pretty much gave him free reign to do whatever he thought would work well... From what I understand, he was going to use the cleansweep, but he said the kicker works better and or gives better functionality and specificity when tuning with their EQ so we can really dial in the sound.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
for $6k i hope they are fibergalssing a box for that woofer. other than that, the only thing i would change about your system is the kicker. here is why.........
1) kicker is not known for their sound quality. they are known for being loud
2) the multi band eq is not necessary in a truck. trucks generate a lot of noise. electrically and mechanically. the motor and exhaust on a truck will produce ambent noise which some of it will cancel out certain frequecies. and the electrical system has a tendacy to generate noise as well. from a hiss to a whine when on a throttle.

as a personal preferance, i think you should go clean sweep, summing device, and an audio control eqx.

it looks like you have a good build going. jl speakers amps and subs are the way to go. let us know how it turns out

OP
OP
EFTOBIAS

EFTOBIAS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Haha thanks, we'll see how it works out in the end. I'll keep that kicker stuff in mind when they build it up and if it doesn't work out... We can always change stuff up.

It's a 3 day job so yeah, labor costs factor into the price. I'm hoping them to just be piled up working on random stuff in my truck - while they're installing the sound system, have another tech do the exhaust and another tech do the top perch. Take advantage of the time it's in the shop.