Ants!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
They're obviously seeking food. I did a thorough vacuum and didn't notice any while doing that. Didn't see any the next day, either. Saw maybe 3 yesterday but that's it. Not sure how an ant colony would survive in a vehicle with no food or moisture source that constantly moves from place to place. If I see them again today, I'll pick up a dry fogger and set it off on Friday night after I've parked it. The suggestion to spray the sills is a good one. Raid's Fogger should get all of them and should continue to **** them for a few months if they are stupid enough to venture out of their hiding place.

Haha this statement so funny to me- nature finds a way bro! Ants? My buddy had a couple families of mice living in his Silverado 2500 for a whole winter hahaha

OP
OP
REMIX

REMIX

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After a few days not seeing any, saw and killed about a dozen this morning. So I picked up some Terro baits, sliced one of them open and used an eye dropper to extract the liquid. I then cut up some small 1 and 2 inch square pieces of plastic and put a few drops of bait on top of those in random places around the truck (on the console, in the storage cubbies, on top of the seats under the head rests, on the floor, on the dash - mainly anywhere I've seen them). I'm leaving it parked until tomorrow but will check on it between now and then.

Happy 4th.

OP
OP
REMIX

REMIX

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well the Terro ant bait certainly attracted them. It took about 15 minutes for them to hit the bait. I tracked them to the passenger side footwell, in front of the fusebox area, and then disappearing somewhere inside the truck. I didn't see them under the truck in that area anywhere, even getting underneath with a strong flashlight, so I surmise this is/was an isolated colony. I had about 7 of these bait drops placed in various areas of the truck and they only went to one of them. Hopefully this takes care of the issue.

IMG_7609.jpgIMG_7607.jpg

OP
OP
REMIX

REMIX

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for reviving this thread. The Terro baits knocked them out, never saw another one after that and it has been about 6 months now. Highly recommended!

I also read recently that an ozone generator would also be a quick way to get rid of them (while also knocking out smells and mold/mildew).

jeanco

2019 scab=gone,24 AMB 801A
Supporting Member
Reaction score
anteater-giant.webp

jeanco

2019 scab=gone,24 AMB 801A
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Terro is one of best products and come in different form.

Waggemay

Reaction score
I've had my fair share of ant problems, so I get where you're coming from. Those ant killer traps can work wonders if you place them strategically. Sometimes it's tough to pinpoint where they're coming from, though. Have you tried observing their trails to see if you can track down their entry point? It might take a bit of detective work, but once you find it, those traps should do the trick. And if you're dealing with more persistent pest issues, you might want to consider professional help, you could visit ajverminatorpestcontrol.com for more info.

Last edited:

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
I've had my fair share of ant problems, so I get where you're coming from. Those ant killer traps can work wonders if you place them strategically. Sometimes it's tough to pinpoint where they're coming from, though. Have you tried observing their trails to see if you can track down their entry point?
844 day thread reanimation.

200.gif

But you will have to do better.
5,381 days dormant and successfully reanimated.