Ants!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

REMIX

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So it has been raining here a lot lately, my truck sits outside and today I noticed about 6 or 7 random ants walking around the passenger side of the center console. These are the super small type of sugar or grease ant, so I'm sure they found a way in somehow. Watched for a while and couldn't determine where they were coming from. I never eat or even drink in my vehicle, so there's no food to vacuum up. Anyone ever have this issue and what did you do to get rid of them?

isis

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They make ant traps with poison food so the ants take it back to the colony and wipes them all out. Works in my dining room.

OP
OP
REMIX

REMIX

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I suspect it's due to all the rain lately. Seems to happen and all kinds of critter seek higher ground. They're harmless but annoying. Terro makes an excellent bait, but it needs to be near where they're entering.

On the other hand my GF has all kinds of crap in her car and you never see a thing. Either she's smart or these ants are stupid.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Probably a fluke thing, I would just squish them as you see them. If you are parking in the same spot all the time, pour some vinegar around where your tires meet the road. Or use one of those cheap pump sprayers from Home Depot and fill up the bottle and spray away. Don't get any on your good plants or grass as it will kill them, you can add salt and dish soap if you want to kill weeds, while you are at it. Caution, don't use on polished concrete as it can take some of the finish off, but if its just regular poured concrete or asphalt you're okay.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You can always dilute a 50/50 mixture of water and white vinegar and wipe down your interior as well.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
No, it doesn't leave a shine, it will remove all of your protectant, etc, so I wouldn't do it to the leather, I would just clean your leather and protect it as normally. I have used that mixture to clean carpets before when my dog has puked or whatever. I don't think it would hurt your leather, but I always condition mine every couple months to keep it soft and moisturized, so wouldn't want to dry it out at all. I am no expert on this stuff, it's just what has worked for me.

gtirella

Reaction score
we have ant problems in cars/trucks here in atlanta too. watch where you park. they usually drop out of a tree. try getting a can of bug spray and hitting all the door hinge areas and the area where the hood meets the firewall. we also spray all of the carpet. obviously do this
when you don't have to use the truck for about 12 hours.....gotta jump on it the minute you see them, I let them get started in my old truck and ended up with hundreds of them everywhere....best of luck with it......

OP
OP
REMIX

REMIX

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They're obviously seeking food. I did a thorough vacuum and didn't notice any while doing that. Didn't see any the next day, either. Saw maybe 3 yesterday but that's it. Not sure how an ant colony would survive in a vehicle with no food or moisture source that constantly moves from place to place. If I see them again today, I'll pick up a dry fogger and set it off on Friday night after I've parked it. The suggestion to spray the sills is a good one. Raid's Fogger should get all of them and should continue to **** them for a few months if they are stupid enough to venture out of their hiding place.