Another New Phoenix 8 core unit Sc7862 in pre-release

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MAMiller44

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sub’d to see how these turn out. One reason I never entertained a screen before was the loss of physical AC controls. It’s one of those things I want to be able to change on the fly without looking.

Also curious how much of the screen utlizes CarPlay. I’d say my screen is utilized 99% of the time on CarPlay and 1% of the time in settings doing something. I don’t use factory nav, radio, or XM so I want a unit that does CarPlay full screen.

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I ordered and paid back in March and haven't heard anything, kinda disappointed with no updates or communication from them

That company runs very thin. I would be surprised if they have 10 employees at their California shipping location for all of the US. They likely have plenty of business shipping out models for other vehicles to be too concerned about support or updating customers on their order status.

If they had any real competition, then obviously things would be different.

ColoradoBoss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
someone said when these were released reality wouldn't be until maybe September. I contacted them end of April and they said the units were delayed 1-2 months and that the CEO would send an email regarding the issue soon. That was 4/29 and that was last contact made. I'm sure the chip shortage affects them too, just trying to remain optimistic.

dixonk

HMFIC
Reaction score
Seems like China relaxing the 1 child per household policy would help shore up the child labor shortage issues they were having. There will be a fresh batch of 5 year olds ready to stamp out widgets in no time.