14.5" Tesla style radio

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

svt12

Reaction score
Pulled the trigger on the Autotec pro 14.4" for my 2012. I'll update the thread or maybe start a new one detailing install or comments.

OP
OP
C

Cody Templeton

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Mine is still sitting in a box with the truck at the body shop until winter is over. Didn't get a chance to get around to it before winter came and the truck went into storage. I'll definitely update this thread when I get a chance to install it though! My 12" setup was excellent, so I'm hoping the 14" one works just as good, if not better.

CarRamrod

Reaction score
Mine is still sitting in a box with the truck at the body shop until winter is over. Didn't get a chance to get around to it before winter came and the truck went into storage. I'll definitely update this thread when I get a chance to install it though! My 12" setup was excellent, so I'm hoping the 14" one works just as good, if not better.
You sound just like me. Get an idea for a new project, order all the parts....the. Have them sit in a box for a year or 2.

You think this unit is the same thing Auto tech is selling? Seems they release updates? How do these direct for Chyna units handle that?

OP
OP
C

Cody Templeton

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You sound just like me. Get an idea for a new project, order all the parts....the. Have them sit in a box for a year or 2.

You think this unit is the same thing Auto tech is selling? Seems they release updates? How do these direct for Chyna units handle that?

Yeah, sometimes other things end up taking precedence, and then with winter the truck goes into storage until all the salt and snow is gone. It sucks, but it preserves the truck.

They're all the same units made in China factories. Some places are just re-sellers for them. Generally if you buy them from someone that's US-based you'll have some better customer service if there's issues, but usually if you contact the place you purchased it from they can offer software updates from the manufacturer.

svt12

Reaction score
I did get the 14.4" unit and installed it. It worked and was able to connect phone easily and have CarPlay work. The sound of it was good as well even without any changes of settings as I didn't have it in long enough to fully play with all of the settings. Speed of unit was fine turned on and operated in acceptable times - wasn't slow.

It drop shipped from China, so from time of order to receiving was a couple weeks I think. It didn't come from US/North America.

I did uninstall and just sent it back for a refund last week. Customer service via email was fast, friendly, and helpful.

There were a few reasons why I ultimately decided to uninstall and return:

- you will lose the factory cigarette lighter outlet/sync line in/usb connection at the bottom of your current setup (that wasn't a big deal to me, but the other items that wouldn't work below compounded things and my decision to remove)
- not all of the factory connections will be utilized and you'll have some extra connectors that probably have some of the following features I mention not working, thus the reason for them not working. The install video they give you a link to shows installing the 12.1" unit in a non Raptor truck so it's not an exact match:

- seat heater/cooling icons were greyed out and wouldn't work seats. All other HVAC controls worked fine.

- It comes with a GPS antennae/cable, but I wanted to use factory antennae/cable instead of installing additional items. If you want to use factory GPS antennae/cable; you'll need to purchase a male to female gps antennae extension cable because the factory connection isn't long enough to plug in to this particular unit. Available on amazon for less than $6: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09TZW4XGG/?tag=fordraptorforum-20

- rear camera didn't work and one of the adapter cables they included was going to need to be spliced in

- they were unaware Raptors have a front camera as well and offered to send an aftermarket camera for me to use. I declined; didn't want to add another camera and at this point along with the front camera they weren't aware of and the seat heating/cooling not working I decided I didn't have enough time to keep tracing out wiring and figuring out a way to make factory options work and splicing into this new unit.

I spent some time trying to find factory wiring diagrams to see which wires worked what on the missing controls and I was going to splice them in, but between not being able to easily find that and then knowing which connectors they sent would need to be matched up, I just threw in the towel on this one unfortunately. I've wired in other systems/cameras/sounds systems/etc.... in other vehicles, including adding Kicker soundstage sub/amp to my current truck.

Again, they were very responsive to emails and tried to help but for those several reasons I decided just going back factory was best for me. I really wanted it to all work as the unit looked cool and the big screen was awesome. If they would figure out those few items, I would definitely purchase again.

OP
OP
C

Cody Templeton

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I did get the 14.4" unit and installed it. It worked and was able to connect phone easily and have CarPlay work. The sound of it was good as well even without any changes of settings as I didn't have it in long enough to fully play with all of the settings. Speed of unit was fine turned on and operated in acceptable times - wasn't slow.

It drop shipped from China, so from time of order to receiving was a couple weeks I think. It didn't come from US/North America.

I did uninstall and just sent it back for a refund last week. Customer service via email was fast, friendly, and helpful.

There were a few reasons why I ultimately decided to uninstall and return:

- you will lose the factory cigarette lighter outlet/sync line in/usb connection at the bottom of your current setup (that wasn't a big deal to me, but the other items that wouldn't work below compounded things and my decision to remove)
- not all of the factory connections will be utilized and you'll have some extra connectors that probably have some of the following features I mention not working, thus the reason for them not working. The install video they give you a link to shows installing the 12.1" unit in a non Raptor truck so it's not an exact match:

- seat heater/cooling icons were greyed out and wouldn't work seats. All other HVAC controls worked fine.

- It comes with a GPS antennae/cable, but I wanted to use factory antennae/cable instead of installing additional items. If you want to use factory GPS antennae/cable; you'll need to purchase a male to female gps antennae extension cable because the factory connection isn't long enough to plug in to this particular unit. Available on amazon for less than $6: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09TZW4XGG/?tag=fordraptorforum-20

- rear camera didn't work and one of the adapter cables they included was going to need to be spliced in

- they were unaware Raptors have a front camera as well and offered to send an aftermarket camera for me to use. I declined; didn't want to add another camera and at this point along with the front camera they weren't aware of and the seat heating/cooling not working I decided I didn't have enough time to keep tracing out wiring and figuring out a way to make factory options work and splicing into this new unit.

I spent some time trying to find factory wiring diagrams to see which wires worked what on the missing controls and I was going to splice them in, but between not being able to easily find that and then knowing which connectors they sent would need to be matched up, I just threw in the towel on this one unfortunately. I've wired in other systems/cameras/sounds systems/etc.... in other vehicles, including adding Kicker soundstage sub/amp to my current truck.

Again, they were very responsive to emails and tried to help but for those several reasons I decided just going back factory was best for me. I really wanted it to all work as the unit looked cool and the big screen was awesome. If they would figure out those few items, I would definitely purchase again.

That sucks to hear that your unit had those issues. The 12.1" screen I currently have all those features work you mention work perfectly, so I'm hoping they will work on my new unit as well, but I'm sure it'll take some messing with a few things.

OP
OP
C

Cody Templeton

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Do you have this: https://autotecpro.com/product/ford...-bt-wifi-a2dp-camera/?v=e4b09f3f8402#reviews?

Your front and rear factory cameras work and you didn't have to do any other splicing or modifications?

I don't think the one I have is available anymore. It was a PX6 unit from Phoenix Automotive that I got a few years back. No, I didn't have to do a single thing with it as far as wiring goes, it was all plug and play. I did update the firmware on it though with a better one.

CarRamrod

Reaction score
This is the one im looking at....
Ali express

This says it supports a"usb" front camera. But yea i wouldnt want to lose my seat controls and front camera.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khunter