phoenix tesla system

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pat247

FRF Addict
Reaction score
A day or two ago I saw a headline where Tesla was recalling 150,000 cars for bad screens.

BeEatNU

Reaction score
Im wondering if all the bugs have been worked out phoenix nav upgrade. My truck is a 12 screw with the sync 2. I really like the screen and features but have read some of the features dont work seamlessly. Does anyone have any current experience with it?

https://phoenixautomotiveinc.com/co...r-2009-2014-ford-f-150?variant=32213224816686

I literally just bought one and is having some issues.
Overall it's fine, but carplay and the echo on phone calls is driving me nuts

Justbob

Reaction score
I have been wondering about this vs. upgrading to sync 3. Not sure if the screen size justifies the risks vs factory.

Cody Templeton

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I've seen these in a lot of the older Lexus vehicles because they have shit for options for the cars with NAV. Seems like they've been working well for them, but might be because they are a lot more basic in the system setup. I'm playing around with a setup in my Flex that allows me to cast my screen onto the factory head unit, and the setup ties into the factory stuff without having to change a bunch of things. Still working the kinks out of it, wondering if I may end up having to go to the Phoenix setup.

Last edited:

Cody Templeton

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Anyone have an update on these? I tried a Crux integration system in my 13 Flex, which is the same as what's in the F-150's. Could never get the screen mirroring to work, and after a month the module shit out. Then again, there's almost zero support out there from Crux, and there's not much in the way of reviews. I decided to just return it, so I'm now looking into other options. I do really like the screen size, but if it's super buggy I'd rather wait.

Cody Templeton

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Just decided to order the system today. I ended up just ordering the base radio system without any of the additional stuff. The base radio includes Carplay/Android Auto, screen mirroring via WiFi, and retains all factory items like cameras, steering controls, etc. It doesn't mention that it retains any CD/DVD functionality, but I'll be curious to see once the system shows up.

I didn't order the dash camera, TV tuner, panoramic camera, or the TPMS stuff. From the reviews I read the stuff is somewhat low quality. Also, I have zero use for TV these days, and the vehicle already has TPMS warning which is all I need. The pano camera setup would be cool, but I don't feel like I could trust it at all. I've done pano camera work and calibrating at the dealership with Audi vehicles, and I'm not sure how they could begin to offer that system for 250 dollars. Reviews said the dash camera quality was pretty cheap as well.

Ill update this after I get it all installed. Hoping it works well so I can install it into my Flex as well.

Jedijoy13

Reaction score
good luck! I'm curious about the Phoenix system. Trying to decide between the Phoenix and the Sync 3 upgrade. But i think i need to work out the bugs in my system first before upgrading.

RaptorJoe92

Reaction score
Please do an update after the install! I've been curious about these for a while after a good friend had a good experience with an Android head unit but the general lack of info has made me too nervous to pull the trigger.