Another New Phoenix 8 core unit Sc7862 in pre-release

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Derrick Anderson

Reaction score
latest one. I ordered it. we'll see when I get it:

https://phoenixautomotiveinc.com/co...-f-450-f-550-2015-2020?variant=37941521645754

8 core, 4G LTE(not sure the carrier compatibility, probably won't use this function myself), 5GHz wifi, 12nm chip, 4 or 6 g ram, 64 or 128 G ROM, carplay and android auto. and this unit comes with the a/c controls below. should be interesting when it comes out. price is 714.99 without anything and the 6g ram and 128 g ROM unit.

there is a 20% discount code: NY2021 if ya order one.

I'll post up when i get it and installed.

Dannydos

Reaction score
So I've been watching this section of the forum for a while. This group has really good content. I'm really excited for this new unit. I had the 6 core unit last year. The screen resolution killed it for me. It was awful. Do you think this newer unit will look better? I know it has higher resolution, but does ford use hi-res cameras? Anyways congrats on the purchase. I'm really tempted to order myself.

Dannydos

Reaction score
Thanks for the information didn't know that. Have you seen both screens? Is the 1600x1200 a lot better looking ?

Last edited:

BHook

Reaction score
Ordered one as well on 20JAN21, the wait begins. I've got one of the 1st generations in my 18, looking forward to one that is less laggy and higher resolution. My gen 1 won't even update or install any apps anymore, don't know why.

Dannydos

Reaction score
Ordered one as well on 20JAN21, the wait begins. I've got one of the 1st generations in my 18, looking forward to one that is less laggy and higher resolution. My gen 1 won't even update or install any apps anymore, don't know why.
Did you order any extra items or extended warranty?

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So I've been watching this section of the forum for a while. This group has really good content. I'm really excited for this new unit. I had the 6 core unit last year. The screen resolution killed it for me. It was awful. Do you think this newer unit will look better? I know it has higher resolution, but does ford use hi-res cameras? Anyways congrats on the purchase. I'm really tempted to order myself.

I would be very surprised if you get higher resolution out of the OEM camera system. The camera is paired with Sync 3 and displayed through Sync 3. A higher resolution screen shouldn't be able to improve that.

I have enough frustration in life with Biden wandering aimlessly around the White House grounds looking for his bag of marbles.
For me I'll wait until all the kinks are worked out.

I don't think that is likely to happen, to be honest. These tablets are not made with QC in mind. It's fairly complex tech built to hand a very wide range of vehicle models and trim levels. There isn't an army of programmers addressing every issue that's reported, there isn't a fleet of test vehicles to work with, and they honestly are not all that concerned with product support.