Another New Phoenix 8 core unit Sc7862 in pre-release

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dannydos

Reaction score
I would be very surprised if you get higher resolution out of the OEM camera system. The camera is paired with Sync 3 and displayed through Sync 3. A higher resolution screen shouldn't be able to improve that.

I had a feeling the ford cameras might have played a part in the bad screen quality.

JAndreF321

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had a feeling the ford cameras might have played a part in the bad screen quality.

When I switched from the OE Screen on my 2012 X5M to an android screen, the OE menu and cameras improved in resolution. The bottleneck there was the screen and not the camera. It would be interesting to find out for this vehicle.

codeman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
latest one. I ordered it. we'll see when I get it:

https://phoenixautomotiveinc.com/co...-f-450-f-550-2015-2020?variant=37941521645754

8 core, 4G LTE(not sure the carrier compatibility, probably won't use this function myself), 5GHz wifi, 12nm chip, 4 or 6 g ram, 64 or 128 G ROM, carplay and android auto. and this unit comes with the a/c controls below. should be interesting when it comes out. price is 714.99 without anything and the 6g ram and 128 g ROM unit.

there is a 20% discount code: NY2021 if ya order one.

I'll post up when i get it and installed.

Those yellow LEDs aren't my favorite look, I wonder if you can match the ice blue color that's standard? Other than that minor gripe, it looks pretty cool. Neat there's an aftermarket screen and even better this retains the physical HVAC controls.

2020Raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like the configuration of the 6-core screen better, maintaining the OEM lower physical controls.
If it worked well, I would buy it in a minute.
It does not look like they optimize use of the large screen, nor are the graphics nice.
It looks very Fisher-Price.
The deal-breaker is that they are reportedly buggy, laggy, and crashy.

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I like the configuration of the 6-core screen better, maintaining the OEM lower physical controls.
If it worked well, I would buy it in a minute.
It does not look like they optimize use of the large screen, nor are the graphics nice.
It looks very Fisher-Price.
The deal-breaker is that they are reportedly buggy, laggy, and crashy.

There is a Russian guy on facebook that will help with bugs and provide some nice patch/upgrades that cleans up the graphics quite a bit....for a $100. And with time and some effort you can get it dialed in a bit.

However, if the latest version of sync (3.4) was available when I made the decision to get PX6, I would have stuck with sync.

2020Raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, I had heard that his work was essential to having the unit work as well as possible.

If we could change the graphics and layout it would be much more tempting.

ColoradoBoss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Those yellow LEDs aren't my favorite look, I wonder if you can match the ice blue color that's standard? Other than that minor gripe, it looks pretty cool. Neat there's an aftermarket screen and even better this retains the physical HVAC controls.

Spoke with Phoenix early this morning. They stated the yellow LEDs are RGB and are customizable to our liking.

K1llD4shN1n3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I put my order in recently. They also said it has CarPlay and Android Auto built in without the need for usb dongles [emoji108]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk