PX6 - No AC on Remote start and disable speed Vol

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Murph335

Reaction score
New to the forum and Raptors. Just picked up this '11 Raptor with an Android Tablet. I cant find any documentation on configuration settings or user manual guides. It is wired correctly. I also have no clue if its Sync 1, 2, or 3
Couple questions:
1. When remote starting the AC doesn't come on bc its controlled by the tablet. Is this a menu setting?
2. How do I disable Speed Sensing Volume? Happens on all sources including Radio and CarPlay sources.

Previous owner said for BT calls sync the phone with SYNC in the car so it uses the oem mic. So Sync must be in the background somehow.

Here is the unit:
2c58db-85eb-442d-9afe-f67e32749d8a_compact_cropped.jpg
[ PX6 six-core ] 12.1 inch vertical screen Android 9 Fast boot navigation receiver for 2009 - 2014 Ford F-150 × 1
2. 2009 - 2012 w/ auto A/C temp knobs / 4 g ram 64 g rom Android 9
IMG_3309.jpeg

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Haven’t got a clue about aftermarket systems, but welcome to the place and congrats on your Raptor. When you have your phone connected to the tablet does it say “sync” when it’s paired or something else? That’s all I got.

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have the Gen 2, so things may be different, but...

1 - The Tablet can control the AC, but there is still a separate circuit board behind the buttons that actually controls the AC. For Gen 2 anyway, this is the original circuit board, although some head units have a complete replacement. Anyway, the AC should come on when you start the truck like normal. Don't recall ever seeing a setting to change that.

2 - I vaguely recall seeing this under settings -> user settings, although it could be under the SYNC. Go to console, to view the original SYNC screens.

One general comment, based on your image, it looks like you have a bit more than just the standard PX6 screen. There is a Russian developer named Sergey Kozlov that created skins and additional features for the PX6 screen. Since you aren't showing the standard skin, I assume that the previous owner bought his software ($100), which is a very good thing.

If you don't get answers here, contacting Sergey and the support group he's established on Facebook is a good idea. Sergey will also tracks the proper settings by vehicle model, so can help recommend what your setttings should be. With me, he provided advice before I bought his software.

Chiefapple

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the Gen 2, so things may be different, but...

1 - The Tablet can control the AC, but there is still a separate circuit board behind the buttons that actually controls the AC. For Gen 2 anyway, this is the original circuit board, although some head units have a complete replacement. Anyway, the AC should come on when you start the truck like normal. Don't recall ever seeing a setting to change that.

2 - I vaguely recall seeing this under settings -> user settings, although it could be under the SYNC. Go to console, to view the original SYNC screens.

One general comment, based on your image, it looks like you have a bit more than just the standard PX6 screen. There is a Russian developer named Sergey Kozlov that created skins and additional features for the PX6 screen. Since you aren't showing the standard skin, I assume that the previous owner bought his software ($100), which is a very good thing.

If you don't get answers here, contacting Sergey and the support group he's established on Facebook is a good idea. Sergey will also tracks the proper settings by vehicle model, so can help recommend what your setttings should be. With me, he provided advice before I bought his software.
This is the answer. Contact Sergey on facebook.

Jhollowell

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 2011 also and with the stock radio the AC or heat will not come on with remote start. (unless i'm doing something wrong) I did upgrade to a Kenwood deck but haven't tried the remote start yet so maybe with an aftermarket deck you can get that feature. Sure would be nice to actually be able to warm up the cab with remote start.

Chiefapple

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 2011 also and with the stock radio the AC or heat will not come on with remote start. (unless i'm doing something wrong) I did upgrade to a Kenwood deck but haven't tried the remote start yet so maybe with an aftermarket deck you can get that feature. Sure would be nice to actually be able to warm up the cab with remote start.

Then you have a setting wrong, or an aftermarket remote start.

My remote start heats or cools the truck depending on the outside temperature.

OP
OP
M

Murph335

Reaction score
2. ok i figured out how to get to the SYNC menu THOUGH the Android tablet screen and navigate to the Speed Sensitive Volume setting to OFF!! Pres radio, then menu, seek until you get to settings, press OK.

RaptorJoe92

Reaction score
Then you have a setting wrong, or an aftermarket remote start.

My remote start heats or cools the truck depending on the outside temperature.

Just thought I'd mention I have an aftermarket remote start on my Gen 1 and the only thing it doesn't activate is the seat heaters. Everything else fires up as it was when the truck was shut off last. Was installed by the previous owner so I can't speculate on how it's setup, but it is possible.

Chiefapple

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just thought I'd mention I have an aftermarket remote start on my Gen 1 and the only thing it doesn't activate is the seat heaters. Everything else fires up as it was when the truck was shut off last. Was installed by the previous owner so I can't speculate on how it's setup, but it is possible.

Its your aftermarket remote start that causes the issues.