Phoenix Android Audio retains Sync 3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jonnie510

Reaction score
Posting this, mostly for my future reference. lol
I got the App sound back and steering wheel buttons to work again using an old update. Not sure what all happened, but I hit the physical reset button a while back and haven't had occasion to use any apps until yesterday. App sound was gone, so I put in the latest updates from the phoenix "forum", if you want to call it that. After new updates, still no app sound and steering wheel station buttons had a mind of their own.

It's a real shame they don't have this all clearly labeled on their site somewhere. Or maybe I am doing everything wrong and reading challenged but managed to stumble back to where I need to be.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/jfvwoc71p...aLA70vdRcm8lRrCfDjDN5iB6BUehbNrt3I8cl6danm8pk

See post #1255.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
See post #1255.

The update linked in that post is the one I tried first the other day, it messed up the steering wheel controls and did not fix the no app sound.

There is so little info on the updates, it may be for trucks that came with the smaller screen, Sony vs B&o, who knows.

Jonnie510

Reaction score
The update linked in that post is the one I tried first the other day, it messed up the steering wheel controls and did not fix the no app sound.

There is so little info on the updates, it may be for trucks that came with the smaller screen, Sony vs B&o, who knows.

Did you do all updates?
The simplecanupdate, mcu update, and PX3 update?

It worked fine in my truck with sync3 Sony system.

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
Did you do all updates?
The simplecanupdate, mcu update, and PX3 update?

It worked fine in my truck with sync3 Sony system.

Yes, I did everything available. I have the B&O stereo though, 2018. I went through all this before trying to get the Nav turned around, which turned out it needed a longer cord of course, only thing that would work was the older update.

Everything is working fine now.

K1llD4shN1n3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I installed the white CarPlay adapter and AutoKit and CarPlay seems to work great!

fe0d38456c381b2c9c94649f55a8acf1.jpg

Raptor18Actual

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I installed the white CarPlay adapter and AutoKit and CarPlay seems to work great!

fe0d38456c381b2c9c94649f55a8acf1.jpg

Nice, is that the adapter from Phoenix? That's exactly what I want, but with AA...it sounds like AA will only take up 3/4 of the screen though?

K1llD4shN1n3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice, is that the adapter from Phoenix? That's exactly what I want, but with AA...it sounds like AA will only take up 3/4 of the screen though?

Yes it doesn’t take over the top and bottom bars only the available app winodw space but it’s way bigger than Sync3 still. Also seems to feel snappier to respond to touch.

Only downside I’ve found is backup camera stops music temporarily.

K1llD4shN1n3

Full Access Member
Reaction score

So last night I installed the latest updates for px3, mcu, and simplecan. I had these exact issues (2017 Sync3)

I tried rebooting multiple times before giving up. My Sync3 was unusable as trying to interact with the screen didn’t do anything for Sync3 interface.

This morning going to work everything is back to normal and it works fine. [emoji2369]

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
My Sync3 was unusable as trying to interact with the screen didn’t do anything for Sync3 interface.

This morning going to work everything is back to normal and it works fine. [emoji2369]

Mine did the same exact thing this morning. Restart, Sync buttons work again. Among the slew of things that have gone wrong since I installed this thing, it's the first time I remember this happening.

K1llD4shN1n3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes it doesn’t take over the top and bottom bars only the available app winodw space but it’s way bigger than Sync3 still. Also seems to feel snappier to respond to touch.

Only downside I’ve found is backup camera stops music temporarily.

Also I forgot to add that Waze now has the correct speed via CarPlay directly to tablet.