Phoenix Android Audio retains Sync 3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wittbrij

Reaction score
Has anyone else had a volume/distortion issue from just the tablets sources?

The unit shipped with full preamp volume, and defaults back to that state each reboot. The full preamp volume is clipping/distorting my amps. I'm running tasker to reduce the media volume as a work-around, but I'd rather be able to change the volume in android permanently. I've looked in the hidden menus but there's nothing that worked.

K1llD4shN1n3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Finally got around to installing this damn thing after it sat since probably February [emoji849]

I have to say I love it! Things seems to be working fine. I haven’t updated anything yet.

Sound is good and both GPS sensors are reporting correctly.

At least Using Waze on the tablet rather than through Sync3 system reports the correct speed [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
I did the reset button thing a few weeks ago, for a while the screen was doing a lot of funky stuff like strobing on and off, turning purple, etc. The reset didn't help immediately, but the the strobing and color stuff seemed to stop a few days later. No idea what was going on there.

Anyway, my issue now is that I don't have any app sounds, even if I use a launcher.

Do I need to re-install the updates again?

Wittbrij

Reaction score
I did the reset button thing a few weeks ago, for a while the screen was doing a lot of funky stuff like strobing on and off, turning purple, etc. The reset didn't help immediately, but the the strobing and color stuff seemed to stop a few days later. No idea what was going on there.

Anyway, my issue now is that I don't have any app sounds, even if I use a launcher.

Do I need to re-install the updates again?

Did it look like this?

20190727_181112.jpg

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
Yes, it did go away though.

So, anyone have the most current, known good, updates for this thing? Hopefully with an '18 with B&O, if that matters. I found what I thought were the latest on the phoenix forum and installed, now my steering wheel buttons for station forward and backward seem to send the Sync to whatever random station it wants, not even stations in my presets. ****, this thing is driving me nuts again.

Also pulled the unit out of the dash, made sure all wires are well connected. Still no App audio, sync radio just keeps on playing.

Wittbrij

Reaction score
Yes, it did go away though.

So, anyone have the most current, known good, updates for this thing? Hopefully with an '18 with B&O, if that matters. I found what I thought were the latest on the phoenix forum and installed, now my steering wheel buttons for station forward and backward seem to send the Sync to whatever random station it wants, not even stations in my presets. ****, this thing is driving me nuts again.

Also pulled the unit out of the dash, made sure all wires are well connected. Still no App audio, sync radio just keeps on playing.

That is most likely an lcd decoder failure, it can be other things to. I sent that photo to Phoenix and got a replacement

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
Posting this, mostly for my future reference. lol
I got the App sound back and steering wheel buttons to work again using an old update. Not sure what all happened, but I hit the physical reset button a while back and haven't had occasion to use any apps until yesterday. App sound was gone, so I put in the latest updates from the phoenix "forum", if you want to call it that. After new updates, still no app sound and steering wheel station buttons had a mind of their own.

It's a real shame they don't have this all clearly labeled on their site somewhere. Or maybe I am doing everything wrong and reading challenged but managed to stumble back to where I need to be.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/jfvwoc71p...aLA70vdRcm8lRrCfDjDN5iB6BUehbNrt3I8cl6danm8pk

K1llD4shN1n3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Posting this, mostly for my future reference. lol
I got the App sound back and steering wheel buttons to work again using an old update. Not sure what all happened, but I hit the physical reset button a while back and haven't had occasion to use any apps until yesterday. App sound was gone, so I put in the latest updates from the phoenix "forum", if you want to call it that. After new updates, still no app sound and steering wheel station buttons had a mind of their own.

It's a real shame they don't have this all clearly labeled on their site somewhere. Or maybe I am doing everything wrong and reading challenged but managed to stumble back to where I need to be.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/jfvwoc71p...aLA70vdRcm8lRrCfDjDN5iB6BUehbNrt3I8cl6danm8pk

I only see one update link on their site - where do you find the older versions?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk