Electronic Issues on a 2023, Dealer Fixed NONE OF IT

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cscape

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh definetely isnt that - it sounds like something metal just clinking around. I tried my best to pin point it but without hanging under the car while somones driving it, tough to spot LOL.

I can live with the Carplay bugginess, but looks like someone already commented on it. I have numerous vehicles with Carplay and have none of the same issues so im going to blame it on Ford's crappy SYNC. I even tried it with 3 different model iphones on different IOS' - same issue and very random (agreed - tough to spot).

My biggest gripe is definetely the TPMS fault and the exhaust valve not closing. Going to try a diferrent Ford but it was a PAIN to deal with Ken Grody Ford in Buena Park, CA. 23 days, zero updates, i had to escalate to customer relations and they were just as bad.

Anyone in the area, STAY AWAY FROM KEN GRODY. If you read their online reviews, their service department has gone downhill and they're notorious for nasty markups on their vehicles.
Yep, I’ve have had a very poor experience dealing with them in San Diego area.

Tushikikato

Reaction score
I have had the same experiences with the software and I have chalked it up to it being the buggiest software of any vehicle I have owned. (Still love the truck though) Another thing you may run into is certain speakers cutting out and simply having no sound which requires a simple on/off of the radio/carplay and sometimes a full restart of the vehicle. <-- keep an eye on that one.

spizike9

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you verify that the software was actually updated? There is a specific service message for wireless CarPlay issues that requires a Master Reset to correct issues. If your phone was still in the system when you got it back then they didn’t do it.

If you have ProPower Onboard (2.0kw) there is a Service Bulletin (23-2276) to installed a harness shield on the TPM, which blocks the RFI from the inverter.

These two are very likely related. The dealer should have verified the concern and performed TSB 23-2341. The service bulletin includes a software update and exhaust tailpipe actuator if necessary.

@FordOneTech

I’m getting ready to take my truck in for my routine service but I also have a ton of issues can you give me some direction on what I should request/tell my dealership?

My active exhaust doesn’t work most of the time. It seems like it started after a software update. The quiet mode start used to work when I leave at 5:30 in the morning but it no longer does. It still shows that it’s in quiet mode but it isn’t quiet. Around that same time my truck starting saying exhaust mode not available when I try to manually change my exhaust.

My sunroof is very clunky. They performed a TSB on it last time and it got rid of the squeaks and some of the clunkiness but the clunks are still there. I know it’s the sunroof because when I have it open there is zero sound.

My front passenger seat rattles. They did a TSB on it and did some other stuff and they did make it better but when I’m driving around I can hear a rattle coming from the seat shaking. If I press on the seat so it can’t move the rattle goes away.

There was a time I was getting a headlight fault often when I’d start my truck as well. But that hasn’t happened in a while.

Lastly my rear window rattles really bad with very low volume setting (8-10 depending on song) and bass not even at midpoint. . I know they’ve already did the TSB in that as well but it didn’t really seem to do anything.

Any help of what I can tell my dealer would be much appreciated. I don’t really have a ton of confidence in them.

Jesse1983

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I often experience the same Carplay error - it shows playing, but I can't hear anything. If I switch sources to Sat and leave it on Sat for a min or two I get a pop up that says Carplay isn't working, it will then restart and work just fine. Takes maybe 2 minutes max.

Regarding Google Maps, as others have said, force quit on the iPhone and reopen, problem solved.